Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Supply and Demand Causing Pricing Bifurcation

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    4.3M background checks in January '21- a new monthly record, period.

Demand is actually continuing to grow. It's nuts, but hey, more gun owners means more pushback against legislative stupidity. I hope?
    Insert ray liotta laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Onslow County Sheriff's office is backed up about three months right now due to a mix of increased demand and covid mitigation
    That’s an unreasonable restriction.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    Bifurcated is a great word. The last time I heard it we were discussing possums.
    That’s some drunk evolution right there.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    That’s some drunk evolution right there.
    Zoologists among us will associate the term bifurcate with the possum which has a forked or bifurcated penis. An old wives tale held that this fork fits precisely into the female's possum's nose. But the sophisticated among us will doubt this explanation. In the rural South many ate possums which are also scavengers. As a kid we had chickens which roosted in tree at night. On occasion they would begin making lord alert sounds. I would go out with a shotgun and flashlight to shoot the possum.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Zoologists among us will associate the term bifurcate with the possum which has a forked or bifurcated penis. An old wives tale held that this fork fits precisely into the female's possum's nose. But the sophisticated among us will doubt this explanation. In the rural South many ate possums which are also scavengers. As a kid we had chickens which roosted in tree at night. On occasion they would begin making lord alert sounds. I would go out with a shotgun and flashlight to shoot the possum.
    I was indeed deep into a bottle of good Scotch. I was regaling my friends with tales from the Red River (TX). The talk turned to the various oddities I encountered including calf fries, possum peckers, and Tennessee Ivory. I do miss Texas.

There were no real gun store out where we lived. You could drive to Walmart and get the run of the mill 10/22 or Remington 700 type of stuff, but the good guns were all sold by word of mouth at the local cafe.

This thread reminds me of two things.

First, I need to get my GSSF Membership. I really need to stock away a few Blue Label Gen5s for the niece and nephews.

Second, I should have bought that damn HK45C I was going to buy last year...but my wife just had to have dental surgery instead... Looks like it will be months/year before I can find one at a reasonable price again.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I was indeed deep into a bottle of good Scotch. I was regaling my friends with tales from the Red River (TX). The talk turned to the various oddities I encountered including calf fries, possum peckers, and Tennessee Ivory. I do miss Texas.

There were no real gun store out where we lived. You could drive to Walmart and get the run of the mill 10/22 or Remington 700 type of stuff, but the good guns were all sold by word of mouth at the local cafe.
    What part of the river were you on?

Crossed it out west a couple of weeks ago, it’s a very different river out there.

I was back at the LGS this weekend to pick up two transfers and pay for some shipping. The long gun section is still decimated, but the handgun selection had a remarkable number of Glock offerings. Everything from 43X to 19X. Not a single .380 pistol to be had even though there were three boxes of Hornady Critical Defense for the caliber. As is my practice when picking up a transfer, I bought something. In this case, it was ammo.

In my AO firearms of all types are available for reasonable prices. The shortage of ammo seems to have abated but the prices are still stupid high. Ammo on the shelves, cases in the aisle and ads in the paper/email. The few times I've visited my LGS in the recent weeks I did not see customers walking out with armloads of ammo as I did last fall. It's just sitting there on the shelf or floor.
    Here's hoping prices get sane again.

Ammo is still either through the roof or unavailable, but there are now Glocks and a decent assortment of appropriate revolvers to be had at normal prices at my magic LGS.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List