Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Current best Gen 5 Glock MOS optic/plate/sights setup

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I have the Dawson's on my G19.5 MOS also. SIG ROMEO1 for RDO with the SIG plate.
    Just so there is no confusion those are Dawson but they are custom height lower Dawsons.

The regular Dawson MOS co-witness IMHO block too much of the window especially on small window optics like the RMR.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just so there is no confusion those are Dawson but they are custom height lower Dawsons.

The regular Dawson MOS co-witness IMHO block too much of the window especially on small window optics like the RMR.
    Got it, thanks. The Dawson front sight I installed was .420 height, SKU 310-255, AND did block too much of the window. This was my first "toe dip" into the MOS world. I've since moved on to a Holo 507C with Ameriglo irons and parked the Romeo 1 in the safe. Holo 507C on my recent LTT RDS Solutioned Px4CC also.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Thanks, as others have mentioned with any dovetail sight even with a tight fit if t is bumped the sight can move etc. The set screw keeps this from happening minus a colossus impact to the rear sight (I'm sure with enough force you could make it move). I have personally had Ameriglo's ib gen 5 Glock slide loose multiple times with no bumps just shooting and seen second party others have the same issue. I have also seen it on gen4 but usually there was a bump involved and the person didn't notice right away, again a set screw will prevent this from happening under most circumstances.
    Concur with Gen5/Heine. No issues with Ameriglos on Gen4. 100% go with the FCD plate.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

I posted this in a different thread but think it may be more suited here.

What height sights will provide a lower 1/3 with an RMRcc on a 43X MOS?

I'm using GL-429s on my g45 and I want to achieve that sight picture with my 43X MOS.

I'm using a FCD plate

Site Supporter
    Another vote for 10-8 Optic/Tall height front and rear sights.

Gen 5 17 MOS
    Forward Controls Design OPF-G RMR w/ RM06 Type 1 and 10-8 Performance backup irons.

Gives a very low but still useable lower 1/4 irons sight picture. Installed and zeroed at 25 yards prior to installing the RMR. POI is right on top of the front post at 25.

Name:  IMG_1555.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  13.4 KB
    In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction, Danny. -Ty Webb

For those using the 10-8 Performance rear, did you have to file the base to install or did it just push/punch in without issue?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    For those using the 10-8 Performance rear, did you have to file the base to install or did it just push/punch in without issue?
    It was tight but it pushed in with an MGW rear sight pusher without issue. I didn’t have to crank down on the handle much to seat it but I don’t feel like mine will ever need to rely on the set screw. Still seated it and used vibra-tite just for good measure.

I’m always a little bit concerned when I install a rear sight with the pusher vs. a hammer & punch. I’ve installed a couple of sets of Dawson’s just like Dave does in his Glock video and I like the fact that I have a better feel for when the sight hits a dimensional hard stop. Then I can back it out and file and repeat as necessary until it’s a very snug fit and stops where I need the rear to be.

With the MGW tool I try to be sure that I’m not missing what would be that same hard stop by overcoming it with the mechanical advantage of the screw. So far I’ve only ever installed several Ameriglos, a set of Trijicon suppressor heights, and now the 10-8 rear. Have also used it to back out some Dawson’s. I used the subjective feel of the force required to remove and reinstall the Dawsons that I had previously filed and punched into place as the yard stick for how much input I’m willing to give the sight pusher tool. Any more difficulty than was needed for the Dawson’s and I’ll stop and file. Not overly scientific but so far I haven’t had to file any sights other than Dawson’s and luckily haven’t broken any sight dovetails (knock on wood).
    In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction, Danny. -Ty Webb

If there’s anyone running the following setup, can you post a photo of your sight picture please? Glock MOS, CHPWS plate, Trijicon RMR, and Ameriglo GL-470 irons (the 2XL with the .350 front and .429 rear). I’m debating between the GL-470 and the GL-429. I’ve got the GL-429s on a gun that’s milled for an RMR/Holosun but the height is going to be slightly different with a plate.

Site Supporter

FCD plate w/ SRO and 10-8 Irons?

Anyone have experience using the combo of an SRO mounted with an FCD plate and using 10-8 backup irons?

Currently using the FCD plate and 10-8 irons with an RMR and the co-witness (lower 1/3 to 1/4) is exactly what I’m looking for but I’m looking to try the SRO and it seems that the rear deck height on them is slightly taller than the RMR. Don’t want to go the same route with an SRO and find that there’s no co-witness.

I can’t find dimensions for the rear deck height difference between the two but I’m deducing that there must be a difference based on 10-8s website which recommends the CHPWS plate and indicates a lower 1/3 when using it on the RMR but a lower 1/4 when using it on the SRO. Anyone ever measured the RMR vs SROs deck height? Could probably figure from that the remaining usable sight picture on irons.

Haven’t made the move on the SRO yet, still investigating so appreciate anyone’s input.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I did some other hunting around and thought I would add this in case others found it useful. HCM got me on the right track with his measurements and I verified on my own gun and with Dawson. .335 rear and .330 front with a Forward Controls plate and an RM06. I had read the depth of the Dawson notch was .80 but mine measures exactly .100 deep.

Pictures of sight pictures never convey well, but using the Dawson system of measuring top of slide to bottom of optic window +.100 gives the lowest height that will allow the full use of the rear notch. If a person wanted the absolute lowest, I think you could still get a usable sight picture going as much as .030-.040 lower. Overall I’m glad I picked what I did.

Attachment 69329

Attachment 69330

Attachment 69331

Here is my emailing with Dawson:
    Have a link for the rec rear?

No seeing it on the site unless I am looking in the wrong spot.

User Tag List