Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Current best Gen 5 Glock MOS optic/plate/sights setup

Name:  06E624C9-F043-4DDA-933E-F6A5401549ED.jpg
Views: 2357
Size:  101.0 KB

With the Ameriglos installed.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

My current setup is with the C&H V4 without sealing plate. I also have Ameriglo 429s. It’s the best combo I’ve had so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here it is with the Holosun. It’s pictured with Ameriglo 506s I believe which were way too tall for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know many people are in strong favor of the ameriglo steel sights but I would highly suggest the 10-8 plain black sights as a much better mousetrap.

Although they cost about $40 more, you get serrated sight faces, nitride finish, they are made with much harder steel and most importantly to me, have no sharp edges to poke against your gut.

I have been using them on my EDC for about half a year and am quite pleased with them over the ameriglos.

Ameriglo's are failing at a high rate on Gen 5 guns due to the finish and lack of a set screw. They will not stay in place, I switched to Henie's which have a double set screw and I'm happy with them.

Plate wise Forward Control Designs takes the win for me bar none and they have them for RMR, Deltapoint's, and ACRO's.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    I know many people are in strong favor of the ameriglo steel sights but I would highly suggest the 10-8 plain black sights as a much better mousetrap.

Although they cost about $40 more, you get serrated sight faces, nitride finish, they are made with much harder steel and most importantly to me, have no sharp edges to poke against your gut.

I have been using them on my EDC for about half a year and am quite pleased with them over the ameriglos.
    You aren’t kidding about the steel being harder. I very recently fitted a 10-8 standard low profile rear on an aftermarket G43x slide. It found it to be more difficult and time consuming to remove a few thousandths with a triangle needle file than any other sight I have fitted.

Site Supporter
    Currently using a G17.4 MOS, 3.25 MOA RMR on the MOS plate with $uarez branded Trijicon suppressor sights.

I picked up a screaming deal over Christmas for a NP3'd $uarez $uperMatch $lide. RMR mounts directly on it. Looking a Dawson FO sights, trying to decide on height. There are a couple of suggestions floating around, (thanks @HCM) but I may just end up breaking out the caliper and doing the math. Will put this together this summer when I get my uniform allowance and pick up an NP3'd match barrel and NP3'd connector. Then it will be my daily carry and work gun.

pat

I prefer the 10 8 sights also. I like the serrations and the set screw. My ameriglos on my MOS don't stay put.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Ameriglo's are failing at a high rate on Gen 5 guns due to the finish and lack of a set screw. They will not stay in place, I switched to Henie's which have a double set screw and I'm happy with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    I prefer the 10 8 sights also. I like the serrations and the set screw. My ameriglos on my MOS don't stay put.
    I feel like I'm missing something obvious, so please bear with me, but: where does a set screw figure in a sight set for a Glock?

PS @karmapolice props for the white stripe indexing mark on the top of the optic. I saw that suggested in a recently-viewed video on dots. I may end up doing that also.

Well at least now I know I'm not the only one with a floating Ameriglo rear sight on my gen 5 17. I thought I may have been on the losing end of tolerance stacking but it appears others have experienced the same. When I was installing the rear I immediately noticed that it was much easier to do so than previous Glocks, and a lot easier to drift when zeroing.

For what it's worth, they were too tall for my liking on my direct milled slide so I replaced them with a set of Dawsons that cowitness further down in the bottom 1/3 of the window. The Dawson rear only has one set screw but it's held zero for me so far.

User Tag List