Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current best Gen 5 Glock MOS optic/plate/sights setup

BUIS color and tritium are personal preference, but low as possible is the goal, especially with smaller display optics.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I got my G19-5 MOS the week before from a blue label vendor in Prescott. I got my Holosun 507c on Saturday and I mounted it today. I’ll have to take it off when the Ameriglo GL-330 suppressor sights come in. I just used the included Glock trijicon plate.

Name:  B70B60FD-0327-41E1-909D-6BB01C26D65A.jpg
Views: 5407
Size:  32.7 KB
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

My G5G19 MOS currently has Ameriglo GL429 sights, CHPWS plate (I believe it was the second revision). Holoson HE508T. I really like the setup, but after carrying it extensively, I am really tired of cleaning lint and belly hair out of the optic. I will likely be switching to the 509 with a CHPWS plate.

My optic Glocks are as follows:

G17 Unity ATOM slide with Aimpoint ACRO: The sights on this slide are taller than what I’d prefer but since they’re all (front and rear irons) in front of the optic it doesn’t bug me and dang I like the ACRO. I’m ordering another to go on the G34 I’ll talk about later...

G19Gen4 MOS: This one has a Forward Controls Design OPF-G plate mounting a Trijicon RMR 1.0 MOA (RM09) with America’s GL-429 sights (all black). I love the setup. This is my daily carry pistol and has been for almost a year, which is a REALLY long time for me. The LensPen soft brush is very much our friend on a daily basis to get rid of lint, debris, etc. from daily carry.

G17Gen5 MOS: This one has a CHPWS V4 Mil/LEO plate mounting a Trijicon SRO 1.0 MOA also with GL-429s. It’s my workhorse range gun and I have no complaints.

G45 MOS: This one has a CHPWS V4 plate mounting a Holosun 509T with GL-429s. It’s my current duty gun for working patrol assignments. For on-duty law enforcement I’m a big enclosed emitter fan, and the Holosun checks boxes for that in addition to a pretty large window, long battery life, and multi-reticle options - though I only use the dot.

G34Gen5 MOS: This one currently has an MOS plate (gross) mounting a Trijicon SRO 2.5 MOA with the same height sights as the 429s but with the orange outline tritium front sight. I ordered this iron set to test out some thoughts on “seeing” iron sights when very used to the dot. I like them, but I haven’t decided yet (need more range time and less report writing time) if they’re worth the cost over the 429s. I’ll be mounting another ACRO on this one soon for duty use and the SRO will probably go on a G34Gen4 I have at Agency Arms right now being set up for an AOS system and some other goodies.

I can tell you that a G19MOS with the factory plate with a Holosun 508T on it; Ameriglo 429 sights are not tall enough to be usable with that combination. It needs the next size taller, which should give a lower 1/3rd co-witness. With the factory plate and the 508T, the tip of the front sight is baaaaaaaarely visible when trying to use irons through it (not to mention with the irons it shoots very low in the first place at the ranges I tried it out on; like 2+ inches low at 30 feet with 147gr ball...but that could be a function of the barely visible sight through the window, too)

YMMV; it might be just my example.

I am faced with setting up a 17 Gen 5 with a dot in the coming months.

I think I have settled on a 509T on a CHPWS plate. Probably will go with ameriglo sights. I am gonna try a safariland 6365rds holster to lug this thing around. Does anyone know if the secondary small hood that covers the RDS will close over the 509T? The Safariland website does a poor job of listing compatibility.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 02-02-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    BUIS color and tritium are personal preference, but low as possible is the goal, especially with smaller display optics.
    This ^^^^

I copied these heights from a guy in an MSP alumni group and they have worked out for me on my MOS Glocks:

RMR: Dawson .335 Rear .330 Front
    SRO: Dawson .360 Rear .370 Front
    You can use the .335/.330 on the SRO, but your irons will barely be there and since the SRO has more window, the .360 has worked well
    Name:  BUIS.jpg
Views: 5452
Size:  24.9 KB

Name:  RMR BUIS.jpg
Views: 3823
Size:  31.9 KB

Name:  SRO BUIS.jpg
Views: 3850
Size:  15.8 KB

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I like the combination of the 509T, C&H plate, and Ameriglo low suppressor sights with a .305 front.
    Thank you. The 509T is currently available which surprised me. Ordered all above for the G19MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This ^^^^

I copied these heights from a guy in an MSP alumni group and they have worked out for me on my MOS Glocks:

Name:  BUIS.jpg
Views: 5452
Size:  24.9 KB

Name:  RMR BUIS.jpg
Views: 3823
Size:  31.9 KB

Name:  SRO BUIS.jpg
Views: 3850
Size:  15.8 KB
    I have the Dawson's on my G19.5 MOS also. SIG ROMEO1 for RDO with the SIG plate.

G45 with DeltaPoint Pro

I went this route reducing number of parts involved. Still looking at fixed sight options. Name:  G45 DPP.jpg
Views: 3726
Size:  35.7 KB

User Tag List