Thread: Which Glock gen 5 trigger mods for IDPA SSP division?

Which Glock gen 5 trigger mods for IDPA SSP division?

Just wondering what anybody shooting a gen 5 19, 17, 34 in SSP division (as I read requiring factory trigger shoe) has done.

I put in a factory "-" connector, left the trigger bar as is, put in a 4.5lb striker spring. I am not wanting to get right on the ragged edge of reliability or light strikes, but I know there are other things I could do for this particular gun and still not have those sorts of failures.

Of course also curious about what brand or supplier for those parts are.

thanks

Maybe Glock will introduce a factory drop in trigger with lighter pull characteristics.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Maybe Glock will introduce a factory drop in trigger with lighter pull characteristics.
    Is that just wishful thinking, George, or are you dropping a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Is that just wishful thinking, George, or are you dropping a hint?
    Yes
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I once shot a Glock factory trigger set up built exclusively for a SOF unit to play around with and sum dude got his own and dropped it into his G17 and I got to play with it for a few magazines. Freaky deaky light and short. It was around the time of the MHS contract. Not the "minus minus" connector from years earlier.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I heard a rumor about a flat face factory trigger in the pipeline which would be a very smart move on their part.

However many months that is (from a nobody/consumer like me being able to actually lay hands on the part itself), I am still trying to tune things up now with the factory trigger shoe (like before the next match), so short term suggestions are needed too if anybody has some.

Site Supporter
    My favorite Glock trigger is a stock spring, Apex or Lone Wolf 721 connector for a long light rolling break, and an SCD. I've seen light strikes and reset issues with reduced power striker springs especially when combined with new trigger springs. I leave the springs alone.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I heard a rumor about a flat face factory trigger in the pipeline which would be a very smart move on their part.

However many months that is (from a nobody/consumer like me being able to actually lay hands on the part itself), I am still trying to tune things up now with the factory trigger shoe (like before the next match), so short term suggestions are needed too if anybody has some.
    Reduced safety plunger spring and polishing the plunger and slide interface for the plunger helps a lot too.

My favorite Glock triggers tend to involve dot connectors, Lucas Red "N" Tacky #2 grease on the triggerbar/connector interface surfaces, and 500-1000 rounds of ammunition downrange to burnish things together nicely. But all of mine are Gen 3 or Gen4.

Best, Jon

User Tag List