Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current best Gen 5 Glock MOS optic/plate/sights setup

Current best Gen 5 Glock MOS optic/plate/sights setup

Well, I finally got my grubby mits on a G19.5 MOS without ransoming any vital organs. Seems like aftermarket plates are preferred over the OEM MOS plates, but what's the current "ideal" setup? Is there combination of plate/optic/irons that's the best way to get a bare minimum usable back up irons without looking over the top scale models of the Great Wall and Red October conning tower sticking up and blocking half my optic window?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Well, I finally got my grubby mits on a G19.5 MOS without ransoming any vital organs. Seems like aftermarket plates are preferred over the OEM MOS plates, but what's the current "ideal" setup? Is there combination of plate/optic/irons that's the best way to get a bare minimum usable back up irons without looking over the top scale models of the Great Wall and Red October conning tower sticking up and blocking half my optic window?
    I like the combination of the 509T, C&H plate, and Ameriglo low suppressor sights with a .305 front.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I prefer the Trijicon family (RMR/SRO) with Ameriglo GL470 sights. My preference is the Forward Controls Design OPF-G plate, but either the FCD or the CHPWS (which I've also used) are far far better than the OEM plates.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I like the combination of the 509T, C&H plate, and Ameriglo low suppressor sights with a .305 front.
    Does Ameriglo have a set with a .305 front?

I've become fond of my 507C v2 on a C&H plate with Ameriglo GL-429 sights. That being said, I've been mulling over going to a 509T because I've been listening to praise of closed-emitter optics and it has very favorable reviews.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Does Ameriglo have a set with a .305 front?

I've become fond of my 507C v2 on a C&H plate with Ameriglo GL-429 sights. That being said, I've been mulling over going to a 509T because I've been listening to praise of closed-emitter optics and it has very favorable reviews.
    Sorry, .315:

https://ameriglo.com/pages/glock-suppressors
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GL-429's, Forward Controls plate, and RMR type 2 3.25 MOA dot was what I chose. This gives a lower 1/3 (to my eyes more like lower 1/4) co-witness, I find the irons usable, but unobtrusive. I went with the plain black set to help keep focus on the dot/sight picture.

Only thing I'd really change if I could, would be to have serrations on the rear sight to cut down any possible glare. The serrated sights I was able to find mostly had a more squared off shape to the rear sight, I wanted something angled/rounded for carry comfort and possibly to help reduce printing of the rear slide/sight corner. I have not shot the gun enough to notice any glare problems, but with regular irons, I prefer serrations. Probably not as much of an issue with the dot being 1st string...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since I had to go google all this stuff, I thought I’d save the next guy the time.

I’m assuming that by “low” you mean “xl”? Is there a particular color combination you like? Particularly against the red of the Holosun?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

In the process here with selecting options for my Glock 34 MOS.

I bought a Holosun 507c v2 yesterday, and ordered a C&H Defender V4 plate. I'm planning to buy steel black sights, most likely from Ameriglo such as the GL-429. I currently have the 507c mounted on the slide with the Glock OEM -02 adapter plate to check dry function. I'll buy the sights once the C&H plate gets here and I can measure the "Deck Height" of the optic on the plate I plan to use.

With the way it is now, the HS has a "deck height" of 0.310" above the slide, measuring per Ameriglo's diagram, which would indicate a plan black sight set of 2XL (deck height up to 0.319"). Am I missing something here that would make me pick the GL-429 sight set? I'm getting 0.310" by putting my calipers from the bottom of the dove tail to the top of the deck.

Holosun 507k with J-point MOS plate and stock height front and rear irons.

Site Supporter
    I replaced my Ameriglos with 10-8 suppressor height on my 19.5 MOS. I haven’t used the CHPWS plate, but can certainly recommend the FCD plate shown here.

Name:  D85ADE34-6E5C-411F-B775-DD5211612491.jpg
Views: 6262
Size:  29.2 KB
    Name:  402B3F37-45D6-4D13-BAD5-F02BED5CDF75.jpg
Views: 6076
Size:  35.6 KB
    Name:  572D9B65-9B56-4A7E-BA10-74B0367DC9C1.jpg
Views: 5917
Size:  44.4 KB

User Tag List