Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual AIWB

Dual AIWB

http://www.warriortalknews.com/2010/...-two-guns.html

Let's not let this get unprofessional.
    #RESIST

A few thoughts :
    Down in the comments he makes it clear that he's not talking about dual wielding per se, just carrying a second gun that way.
    I'm pretty sure he favors RDS equipped pistols, seems that even one with an RDS, much less two, would get crowded real quick.
    Can't really see it working for me, but it's intriguing, especially if the off side gun were smaller (say a G26 with a 17).

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

the notion of a back up gun is nothing new.
    Pittsburgh, PA host for www.aliastraining.com , and www.shivworks.com

www.anti-fragile.net

But... You only have one appendix! Maybe it should be called other strong appendix carry.

In all seriousness though, doesn't putting your backup gun in a separate place from your primary allow you to access it if you were in a situation where you could not reach your primary?

I seems running two guns in the appendix position limits your ability to surreptitiously grab a weapon if you couldn't access your main shooter.

Is the idea that if your gun goes down during a fight it'd be an easy draw for the second one? If so, I find that more unlikely than needing to grab a second gun from a different location.
    Last edited by jstyer; 07-05-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Added stuff.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

I used to carry mirror image strong and support side regular IWB at about 4 and 8 o'clock.

First G21s, then later G17s.

There was a winding thought process that led to that, but once I did it I really liked it, until I switched to AIWB, which I like much better.

I did briefly try dual AIWB, but it was dreadfully uncomfortable, maybe because it was new, and I don't think I tried it with very good holsters. Since dual AIWBs are closer together than dual regular IWBs, things did indeed get too crowded, which I think was a lot of the comfort issue. The bulk of the support side gun and holster also messed up my cover garment clearance with my support hand a little bit. That was the last time I tried it.

That said, I very much appreciate a second full size handgun, and one dedicated to support side access.

When I was running the mirror image regular IWBs, those, plus my other gear amounted to me being able to reach a gun or knife from just about any position if I were conscious and had one arm free.

Of course, it was yet another object to need to keep an attacker away from in a clinching or grappling situation, which always nagged at me a bit.

We are diminished
    SLG and I have discussed this idea a number of times, though with a more appropriate BUG for the second gun. The biggest problem I have with it is that it puts both guns (and a knife, if you carry a CP) all in one place. If someone tries to grab, you've got multiple weapons to protect simultaneously while the BG just needs to pick the one you can't get a hand on.

At an IALEFI conference a while back, "D" and I were teaching a 'Concealed Carry' class... A couple guys from Las Vegas Metro PD came to the class, each rocking two Grocks (one with lights on each, which was somewhat new back then), Yosemite Sam style (not drop leg, though). In between the glocks on the hips were about 8 magazines. A button up shirt was worn for "concealment".

To be fair, those guys could shoot! SHO, WHO, it didn't matter. Reloads (obviously well practiced) were fun to watch.

I couldn't help myself and after a while did comment that their carry method didn't seem to comply with the spirit of a concealed carry class, to which one of them said, "This is what I wear to the grocery store." In a moment of rapid lucidity, I immediately replied, "Then I would move..."

We are diminished
    I actually took the class they (the LVMPD guys) were teaching that year and they demonstrated their "CQB" technique, which involved drawing both guns simultaneously, punching them out to full extension heavily canted (almost gangster style but not quite), and emptying both mags on a target 5' away as fast as they could.

Come on guys, you're breaking the rules... What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    ...would get crowded real quick.
    All CCW is a balance between comfort and "enough gun".

I have an upper limit on things I am willing to cram into my waistband, and that upper limit is right around one service-sized auto. There is usually one (or sometimes even two!) small-ish revolvers secreted on or about my person elsewhere, but that's pretty much where my limit is.

If somebody wants to carry more, then I've got no beef with that. One person I respect carries a pair of 5" Gov't Models and that's cool, but it's more prepared than I'm willing to be, and I'm comfortable saying that.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List