Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gym carry

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I was hoping Lil'Lebowski will see this thread. Given that he commutes to gym on a bicycle and then goes swimming, it might be interesting how he's got that covered.
    Then again, this could a classified info...

Seriously though, swimming does complicate things.
    I lock mine up in a locker and in the pack, the weapon is locked up again in a metal mesh. So....double locked while in the gym and locked while I'm riding.
    #RESIST

I work out at the university I attend to now. George Mason University. We are not allowed to carry firearms in the buildings at GMU. So I am pretty much just boned.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    in the pack, the weapon is locked up again in a metal mesh.
    What do you use for this?

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    What do you use for this?
    Something like this that I picked up a while ago in Australia.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Something like this that I picked up a while ago in Australia.
    Oh, wow. I thought you had a small mesh back with a master lock, that can fit a G19, not that the entire bag was in a mesh. Great idea, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    Oh, wow. I thought you had a small mesh back with a master lock, that can fit a G19, not that the entire bag was in a mesh. Great idea, thanks!
    It is a small one, I just can't find it right now. Although I like the look of the ones that cover the whole pack.
    #RESIST

I throw the gun, holster and all, in a fanny pack along with my wallet and keys.

I'm not carrying the gun at the gym so I can have immediate access to it, I'm carrying it so I don't get it stolen out of my locker.

Fanny pack stays on my while lifting, or in cup holder of the treadmill/cardio torture thing I'm using if I'm "running".

It's not ideal...but I haven't had it stolen out of my locker yet, so I'm ahead of the game.

I've been carrying at the gym for years; just put it in the same bag I usually carry from station to station. You do have to be very careful.

I am always aware of where it is (I can see or feel it), and where in the bag/what the orientation of the pistol in the bag is too. Ditto my partner when I have one.

The gym has 5 locations in town and is very popular w local cops/feds, and many do the same. Owner knows and is OK w it (has a LE background). Got very popular a few yrs ago when a gang was ambushing cops off duty at the gym, soccer/ball games, ya know, places where it safe and/or inconvenient to carry...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    I throw the gun, holster and all, in a fanny pack along with my wallet and keys.

I'm not carrying the gun at the gym so I can have immediate access to it, I'm carrying it so I don't get it stolen out of my locker.

Fanny pack stays on my while lifting, or in cup holder of the treadmill/cardio torture thing I'm using if I'm "running".

It's not ideal...but I haven't had it stolen out of my locker yet, so I'm ahead of the game.
    This has worked out for me for the last few years. I wanted to try the pistolwear holster that tmoore912 recommended in the first postings, but they seem to be out of stock every time I check the website. Just keep the pack attached to ya or on the machine you're on and be observant of who is around at all times.

I use there PT-ONE holster for jogging, working out at the gym or any other active lifestyle activity I do. I have been using one for a while and works well for me. It is made out of neoprene and is really comfortable and keeps the gun dry when I sweat, but it doesn't have the space a fanny pack has. It only has enough room for the gun and a magazine. It is designed to be worn a little low on the hips instead of on the waist. (This helps reduce the bouncing of the gun). When going to the gym I wear my shorts over the holster so that it doesn't show if my shirt rides up while doing a weight lifting move.

I worked out this morning and ran a couple miles afterward with it on carrying my Glock 17.

User Tag List