Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gym carry

I just put it in a side pocket of my gym bag. The gym bag is always within arm's reach of either me or my girlfriend.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

I was hoping Lil'Lebowski will see this thread. Given that he commutes to gym on a bicycle and then goes swimming, it might be interesting how he's got that covered.
    Then again, this could a classified info...

Seriously though, swimming does complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I was hoping Lil'Lebowski will see this thread. Given that he commutes to gym on a bicycle and then goes swimming, it might be interesting how he's got that covered.
    Then again, this could a classified info...

Seriously though, swimming does complicate things.
    Well, a glock can get wet. Maybe he just wears LONG board shorts pulled up.

Maritime spring cups? j/k

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    Well, a glock can get wet. Maybe he just wears LONG board shorts pulled up.

You guys are slowly chipping away at my reasons not to go to gym...

Site Supporter
    This may sound incredibly nieve, but if you need to carry IN the gym you may need to find a gym in a safer location. I know anything can happen anywhere, but reducing your risk in an area where it is nearly to carry on body and still get a solid work out is probably sensible. If you are worried, put some OC spray in your gym bag and a delica in your gym shorts and call it good. I carry my small bag from station to station because it has my chalk, towel, and fractional plates inside it, but I woudnt put a gun in there. Just too likely somebody could grab it. Besides, if you work out hard, you are probably not in a state of mind where making a clear judgement and taking a good shot is extremely viable. You are better off knowing where the exits are, choosing a gym in a safe area, and not gettting into any arguments over equipment or training philosophy with juice-heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    This may sound incredibly nieve, but if you need to carry IN the gym you may need to find a gym in a safer location.
    Yes, it is in a safe location.

So is my house.

So is my work. You got my drift...

Before this gets sidetracked: no, I don't feel a need to carry 100%, nor do I feel insecure without CCW, and if somebody reads my very first post - I state there that currently I leave my pistol at home. However, if one chooses to carry, then it makes all the sense to me to maximize the opportunity to do so, and that's what prompted the question in a first place.

Site Supporter
    True, and I agree with you on all points. However, given the gym environement and your state of mind when you work out (at least the way I work out) when I am pushing super hard, and all I care about is getting the weight out of the hole, the last thing I want to worry about is a flash picture of where my off body carry is. YMMV of course, that is just my feeling on it. Others train differently and have different assesments of their vulnerability and risks.

smart carry works very well with gym shorts.
    swimming i think you're SOL though.

The best way I have found to carry in the gym is to take a heavy duty back brace, which acts as an improved Galco belly band, and place a heavy duty IWB holster with a spring steel clip in the desired position in the band. Under a shirt the gun disappears, it is easily accesible, and it can be rotated to fit your workout needs so the gun stays out of the way.

User Tag List