Thread: Navy CO fired for making plaque out of seized AK47

Navy CO fired for making plaque out of seized AK47

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/navy...-ak-47-plaque/

The Navy has fired Cmdr. Frank Azzarello as commanding officer of the destroyer USS Forrest Sherman for allegedly trying to turn a captured AK-47 into a plaque for the entire ship, according to his attorney Timothy Parlatore.

Azzarello decided to have one of the AK-47’s seized from the boat demilitarized and turned into a plaque to be displayed on the ship — not a personal trophy, Parlatore said on Thursday.

While turning the captured weapon into a plaque is legal, Azzarello was not familiar with the Defense Department procedures about how to do so, said Parlatore, who attended Surface Warfare Officers School with Azzarello when he was in the Navy.

Azzarello made no effort to hide the captured AK-47 when Navy investigators asked him about his plans to have it turned into a plaque, Parlatore said.
    #RESIST

I sincerely hope there are more details to this matter that merit this CO's removal than the issue of the "plaque".

If not, then this is just as insulting to the nation as the Dem's crying out for more protection for their members of the House of Representatives from their co-members in the Republican party. What a laugh that the very people they sought to defund and impugn are the ones they are crying out for now to come and protect them from their imaginary threat.

This country used to have some common sense, and the balls to back it up. I hope that has not completely gone the way of the dodo.

Please keep us apprised on this, @LittleLebowski
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    What a laugh that the very people they sought to defund and impugn are the ones they are crying out for now to come and protect them from their imaginary threat.
    OT, but I had the same thought on that.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

We have been on a zero tolerance trajectory for quite a while, apparently the Navy has adjusted to a below-zero tolerance.

Sad to see him removed from command if a plaque was the real / only reason. Could this be some sort of virtue signalling by the higher levels of command? Or is there an actual regulation against motivational plaques?

NCIS...
    #RESIST

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I suspect that there was a lot more to why he was fired than this.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    One would hope, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is it, given certain recent cases with NCIS and what I’m hearing from buddies still in.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    True but the question is, was the "lot more" substantive issues or did someone just seize on this to either get back at him or get him out of the way to fill the spot with a pet.

The fact Task and Purpose's reporting tends to be crap doesn't help clarify matters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    True but the question is, was the "lot more" substantive issues or did someone just seize on this to either get back at him or get him out of the way to fill the spot with a pet.

The fact Task and Purpose's reporting tends to be crap doesn't help clarify matters.
    I bet someone in the crew didn't like him and reported him through some form of IG, etc. reference the AK and someone higher up took the shot. Seen it in some form plenty of time though my Army and corporate America career.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I bet someone in the crew didn't like him and reported him through some form of IG, etc. reference the AK and someone higher up took the shot. Seen it in some form plenty of time though my Army and corporate America career.
    Been there, done that, got the letter of clearance.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List