Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 2021 Lineup

Holosun 2021 Lineup

TFB video link:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I'll be happy if they ship the 407K I have on back order with Kenzies.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I dont think there was a single optic in that video that isn't already on the market?

Personally I am hoping to see the CO ring reticle in more of their optics.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    I dont think there was a single optic in that video that isn't already on the market?

Personally I am hoping to see the CO ring reticle in more of their optics.
    It's all "old" stuff. Holosun has had issues due to the pandemic in bringing alot of this stuff to the market. I think it took me nine months to get my 509T? Holosun kept promising and promising weekly that they were coming. I think I drove my rep insane... lol.

At any rate, its all good stuff as everything on that table is a solid offering. My only gripe is the BS about how a certain unit "wanted the lockout mode" so they went with that and HAD to reconfigure the buttons. You got sued, stop beating around the bush. I'm sure that there's a professional, legal way in which to disclose the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    It's all "old" stuff. Holosun has had issues due to the pandemic in bringing alot of this stuff to the market. I think it took me nine months to get my 509T? Holosun kept promising and promising weekly that they were coming. I think I drove my rep insane... lol.

At any rate, its all good stuff as everything on that table is a solid offering. My only gripe is the BS about how a certain unit "wanted the lockout mode" so they went with that and HAD to reconfigure the buttons. You got sued, stop beating around the bush. I'm sure that there's a professional, legal way in which to disclose the truth.

Agreed. I love my V2's and hope they find a way around the patent. Perhaps it would be enough if they used the 509 (acro inspired) mounting pattern on their 507/508 sights?

Not sure how useful the lockout mode even is on the V1/X2, since those small buttons would be hard to hit accidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Agreed. I love my V2's and hope they find a way around the patent. Perhaps it would be enough if they used the 509 (acro inspired) mounting pattern on their 507/508 sights?

Not sure how useful the lockout mode even is on the V1/X2, since those small buttons would be hard to hit accidentally.
    A certain rep at Holosun told me that guys were accidentally changing brightness settings in their holsters.

LOL.

Lockout mode makes a teeny bit of sense I guess but I find it more useful on paper. I set my red dot in the dark with a white light illuminating a white wall. That is my chosen brightness setting. I have yet to have my brightness setting adjusted on the fly outside of my control. I could however see the need to adjust brightness settings on the fly say if my battery is dying and the current setting is dimming. All in al, I just wish they would have tried a little harder to admit the fault (if legally allowed) and drive on with an effort to continue innovating.

I have quite a few Gen 1 sights. The buttons are STUPID small. Are the X2 variants at least a little larger? Some of the product photography leads me to believe they are.

The likelihood of accidentally hitting the buttons on the sides seems absurdly small to me to even warrant such a feature like lockout. I mean I guess I can see it if you're a leftie wearing your gun OWB and end up smacking it around with some frequency but to hit the buttons in a way that would change the reticle style or brightness significantly seems pretty far-fetched to me.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    The likelihood of accidentally hitting the buttons on the sides seems absurdly small to me to even warrant such a feature like lockout. I mean I guess I can see it if you're a leftie wearing your gun OWB and end up smacking it around with some frequency but to hit the buttons in a way that would change the reticle style or brightness significantly seems pretty far-fetched to me.
    Based on what? Brightness on several range guns of mine have had settings changed accidentally. Nevermind what carry guns go through. Does that mean our "experience" cancels out?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Based on what? Brightness on several range guns of mine have had settings changed accidentally. Nevermind what carry guns go through. Does that mean our "experience" cancels out?
    If your experience differs then by all means get what makes sense. I've yet to have my 507 change settings inadvertently whilest carrying it. Granted I'm not banging it around and grappling folks for a living, but the small size of the buttons on it seem to require very intentioned acts to change settings.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

It took about a week for me to get my new 507c.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List