Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pretty sure I cracked my breach face...

Pretty sure I cracked my breach face...

Slide and barrel in slide totally locked up in dryfire today. After finally getting it apart a piece (of the breachface?) fell out. (Gen 4 G19)

I always use snap caps or a “lasershot” when I dryfire.

First gun and not a lot of experience here, am I correct that that is indeed what is going on here?

(Uploading pics...)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Piece that fell out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yep, not an uncommon problem with Glocks that are dry fired alot. Send the gun back to Smyrna and Glock will replace the slide.

Site Supporter
    One of my goals in life is to break the slide on my practice G19 from so much dry firing. I'm sincerely jealous.

Edit: NoTac, can you ease fill us in on the history of the pistol? Age, round count, etc?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

That’ll buff right out.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    One of my goals in life is to break the slide on my practice G19 from so much dry firing. I'm sincerely jealous.

Edit: NoTac, can you ease fill us in on the history of the pistol? Age, round count, etc?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Dry practice is boring. It’s a lot more fun to break frame rails or slides from live fire.

I broke a G17 Gen2 slide through the ejection port when I first started USPSA. Took a buncha ammo but Glock replaced it for free.

Hammertime
    Ditto the above. Well done! I have heard that Glock is pretty good about replacing these with no hassles.

Contact them and let us know your experience. I second a request for more history on the pistol.

Thank you for sharing this and including images of the damage. I've never seen or heard of this directly from the ones who experienced it. This further supports the idea that you should have a practice/trainer pistol to complement your carry pistol

https://us.glock.com/-/media/Global/...anty-Form.ashx

Here's the link to the Glock warranty form if the OP's interested. Note, the link will immediately download Glock's warranty form if clicked upon.

Usually, just fill it out as best as one can and send in the part or assembly.

In this case, Glock may want the entire firearm back to thoroughly upgrade all parts, but the shipping costs are typically more expensive shipping a firearm back vs. just a slide. The owner may want to call Glock first @ 770-432-1202.

The owner may want to remove any specific, expensive, or non-stock parts as Glock will remove and replace them with stock Glock parts. I doubt Glock will hold itself responsible if any or not all non-stock parts get returned or not.

Site Supporter
    Glock will replace that no charge. They will want the whole gun back though. I've had a close cop friend have the same failure and I've had a cracked G-17 (Gen 2) slide. Both replaced by Glock. Get started on the RMA process.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List