Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In PF orange and made in the USA

Site Supporter
    I like the color coding idea. Maybe just spray paint them. A quick click revealed that they come in nine colors. LL; you just cost me some money

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    They must make the occasional special runs - I have some bright purple ones that were cheap.

Walmart.com currently lists orange and purple MTM 50 cals ... amazon has the orange for a little cheaper.
    Walmart has special deals on cans occasionally. Awhile back they were selling them for $3.99 delivered so I swooped in and ordered 10. That was back when they wanted some of Amazon's action and were trying to get converts. These were the cheap ones but all I wanted them for was to hold brass. They'll never leave the basement.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-29-2021 at 12:19 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Do they have an O-ring Seal?

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Do they have an O-ring Seal?
    They certainly do, I checked.
    #RESIST

A bit of necro but if you can stand the colors RED and WHITE they are 10 bucks. A bit closer to the MTM boxes in the crate package but still a tad higher.

Prices vary by color link

And speaking of MTM are we sure that they are NOT made in the USA? I've not seen anything definite on them sourcing overseas. Their website has all the 2A and family owned stuff which is fine and dandy, but is very lacking on country of origin which makes me wonder.

ETA: @hufnagel I just ordered two of these from amazon to go with the ones I bought in 2019.

In stock again

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    And speaking of MTM are we sure that they are NOT made in the USA? I've not seen anything definite on them sourcing overseas. Their website has all the 2A and family owned stuff which is fine and dandy, but is very lacking on country of origin which makes me wonder.
    I've got a few of those MTM ammo cans and they are clearly marked Made in USA. Just checked to be sure. The ones I have are the ones that come filled up with the 100 round boxes for pistol ammo, and they were purchased within the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    A bit of necro but if you can stand the colors RED and WHITE they are 10 bucks. A bit closer to the MTM boxes in the crate package but still a tad higher.

Prices vary by color link

ETA: @hufnagel I just ordered two of these from amazon to go with the ones I bought in 2019.

In stock again
    Nice, but they're still nearly 2x the price they were. I'm spoiled, I got mine at $18.49/set.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Walmart now carries what appear to be the same utility boxes in black and "frost" colors under their Hyper Tough brand for under $6 each:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tou...-Box/675298497
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tou...-Box/552980647

Amazon also has a no-metal-lockplate version under the Logix brand for $5:
    https://www.amazon.com/LOGIX-12535-S...dp/B08YBYBVX6/

How much loose ammo, generally, can you get into one of these? Currently using old GI ammo cans, but marking is a PITA, and they will rust (storing my stuff in the garage). Is there a weight limit on them?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    How much loose ammo, generally, can you get into one of these?
    I can fit six 375-round packs of .22LR in them so I'd say at least 2250 rounds of .22LR, probably 2500 loose. I also just put a 1000 rounds of 9mm in one and they fit fine (in this instance, bagged 115gr bulk from Aguila so basically loose rounds).

I weighed the box with the 9mm rounds and it was at 27.2 pounds. The lid bows out when lifting by the handle, but I suspect it can accommodate more weight if needed. Not sure I'd wanna lift more than that using the handle as it's definitely uncomfortable.

User Tag List