Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tara TM9 Schmeisser SLP9 DA/SA striker pistol

Ok, so the grip shape looks interesting. Ok, so there are a couple of trigger action alternatives. Ok, it says "Schmeisser" on the rollmark. Once you get past all that, it pretty much sounds like snowflake territory.

Unless you're in the "I need a bright shiney new toy" camp (which most of us here have generally grown away from), what't the point, especially with vetted SFA's with exceptional manufacturer support and, dare I say it, actually available consumables (such as magazines...) -like Glock, HK, Beretta, etc.

Moving right along...

Best, Jon

Here is a bit of an update on the newest version of the pistol and availability in the US.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...le-in-the-usa/

I found the trigger description more detailed and interesting here..

One of the most interesting design features of the Tara TM-9 pistol is the patented trigger mechanism called DASR (Double Action Short Release). It is sort of a hybrid of double-action-only (DAO) and double-action/single-action (DA/SA) triggers. The gun always fires the first round in double-action mode but the trigger has two reset points. When the gun is fired and the trigger is let forward all the way, it will reset to double-action again. However, if the trigger is released by about .25″, kind of half-way, it will click into an intermediate reset point and can be pulled back again with a lighter and shorter single-action pull.

Resetting to DAO every time the trigger is completely released means that when the gun is not being fired, the striker is completely decocked. This, in conjunction with the striker blocking mechanism, ensure ultimate safety virtually eliminating the chances of an accidental discharge due to a cocked or semi-cocked striker slipping off of the sear. And of course, another feature of the DAO trigger mechanism is the ability to strike the primer again in case of a misfire without the need to rack the slide. DAO trigger of Tara TM-9 pistol also allows starting the disassembly of the gun without the need for pulling the trigger first.

It also fits in Safariland Glock 17 holsters so that's a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    One of the most interesting design features of the Tara TM-9 pistol is the patented trigger mechanism called DASR (Double Action Short Release). It is sort of a hybrid of double-action-only (DAO) and double-action/single-action (DA/SA) triggers. The gun always fires the first round in double-action mode but the trigger has two reset points. When the gun is fired and the trigger is let forward all the way, it will reset to double-action again. However, if the trigger is released by about .25″, kind of half-way, it will click into an intermediate reset point and can be pulled back again with a lighter and shorter single-action pull.
    So it's like a striker-fired DAK, but with a lighter pull at the intermediate reset point rather than a heavier one? Interesting.

Site Supporter
    Hmm. The trigger system actually sounds... intriguing.

The thing that sucked about DAK was that the shorter reset point was actually heavier... and thus, for my purposes, not really useful. It just made more sense to let the thing all the way out.

But if they were to “recalibrate” that first reset (in DAK) to an actual SA weight... I’d be interested. Sounds like this might kinda do that.

In essence, it’d be like DA/SA where you don’t have to decock. I need to read more about this.

Also...

Wasn’t Wily Schmeisser the guy who designed the MP-40?
    Last edited by MattyD380; 02-18-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

He wasn't- it was Vollmer.

Here's Gun Jesus on the matter.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Also...

Willy's son, Hugo, developed the MP18 and Mkb 42. He wasn't involved in the MP38/MP40.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Watching the MP-38/40 video. Sturmgewehrs are next.

Gun Jesus saved me.

Watching the MP-38/40 video. Sturmgewehrs are next.

Gun Jesus saved me.
    If it's your first time visiting the Church of Gun Jesus, you are in for a serious long term treat.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    If it's your first time visiting the Church of Gun Jesus, you are in for a serious long term treat.
    Oh no. Definitely not my first time. But sometimes... I just need to get reacquainted with my faith.

User Tag List