Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tara TM9 Schmeisser SLP9 DA/SA striker pistol

Here is a nice detailed look at the Tara TM 9 newest version with upgrades to the original. It also shows the inner workings fairly nicely. The details are in the first 7-8 mins then it turns into a music video montage of shooting. He also measures trigger pull weight with demo of trigger pull and reset distances.

https://www.full30.com/v/hot-ruin-x5GDf

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Here is a nice detailed look at the Tara TM 9 newest version with upgrades to the original. It also shows the inner workings fairly nicely. The details are in the first 7-8 mins then it turns into a music video montage of shooting. He also measures trigger pull weight with demo of trigger pull and reset distances.

https://www.full30.com/v/hot-ruin-x5GDf
    Really well done video. Would be nicer if they did away with the ambi mag release and the huge beavertail, and nicer still if the sight dovetails were compatible with something more popular.

In a full size or compact service pistol format this doesn't do anything for me a TDA doesn't do better, except I guess be a little bit cheaper.

I would be very interested in a product using this trigger system in a pocket pistol or G48/365XL size format.

Site Supporter
    The idea of this trigger system makes a lot of sense to me. It cleverly simplifies the DA/SA process with (ostensibly) no functional drawbacks. It’s just... decocked. Unless you’ve shot it.

I mean, I haven’t shot one—maybe the trigger doesn’t deliver on the whole DA/SA “experience.” But I just think it’s a smart idea. Maybe what DAK should have been.

Also.. whaddya think that seam is he pointed out on the slide? Think the slides are cast? MIM? Or is that just an artifact of the finish being put on?

These are now being blown out for $185 at Centerfire systems. Spare mags are $21.

https://centerfiresystems.com/produc...product_detail

These have a now-public story behind them, which is interesting.....and Ian did a video about them. Possibly some of the worst pistols made in recent years. Would you take the gamble for $185?

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Would you take the gamble for $185?
    No. Not only because the Tara seems to be trash, but also because there's not going to be any spare parts or magazines or holsters or anything available. Penny wise vs pound foolish.

If I wanted a 9mm poly-frame semi-auto where low price was the main concern, I'd get a PSA Dagger Glock-clone frame and then shop around for a slide and barrel. Under $300 seems doable. It'd almost certainly be a better gun and if there were problems, Glock parts to fix it are widely available.

Site Supporter
    I watched Ian’s video. I was under the impression the pistol wasn’t horrible.

Guess it is. Oh well.

I still think the “always-decocked-until-you-pull-the-trigger” DA/SA concept is simplistically brilliant. But, strange—Ian calls it a DAO in the video. He never mentions it resetting to SA.

I wonder if that was an erroneous claim about the gun? I need to (re)watch the other videos on these things.

I also wonder if the TM-X (or whatever the 2nd gen is called) doesn’t blow as much as the OG. But I’m in no rush to find out.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 08-10-2023 at 12:39 AM.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

It's a double action only gun, and does not reset to SA ever- there's no disconnector. It appears that the slide won't even go into battery until the trigger is released while shooting.
    The trigger bar has to go forward and catch the striker at the front each time, then drag it back to the release point.
    It's a bit like the old H&K VP 90 in that regard.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Would you take the gamble for $185?
    As a piece of life saving equipment? Not willingly. As a gun nerd curiosity? Absolutely.

I had one in the cart and after everything was said and done I’d be into it for about $225. I’m just not quite interested enough to raid the fun fund for one.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    As a piece of life saving equipment? Not willingly. As a gun nerd curiosity? Absolutely.

I had one in the cart and after everything was said and done I’d be into it for about $225. I’m just not quite interested enough to raid the fun fund for one.
    FFL transfer fees is what kills these "deals" for me. Otherwise I'd probably have a few Armscor M200 and M206 revolvers laying around....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

FFL transfer fees is what kills these "deals" for me. Otherwise I'd probably have a few Armscor M200 and M206 revolvers laying around....
    I’m lucky, my guy only charges $15 for a transfer in so sales tax is usually the killer for me. 8.25% doesn’t seem like much until you see $20 shipping plus $16 in tax on a $185 “toy”.

This whole “acting like a grown up” thing is vastly overrated.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List