Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic F-22 Raptor video

Currently living close enough to Tyndall AFB it is very cool to watch the fighter jets, when they pull the wings back and roll out it is amazing, being new to watching we quickly learned it you are hearing them you are already too late.

Site Supporter
    That video makes me think about what would be possible from a maneuverability standpoint if there wasn’t a meat computer with a very limited tolerance for G-forces on board. What would be the limits of an aircraft that was designed without the need to support human life in such an extreme environment?

No disrespect to pilots intended, I know there’s a shit load more involved in flying than just acrobatic maneuvers.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    So I was sitting next to a guy whose son is an F18 pilot, and according to the guy, nothing in the world can touch the F22.
    The Blue Angels fly over my house a couple of times a week (Spring to Fall) - I was amazed watching that F22 maneuver. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    That video makes me think about what would be possible from a maneuverability standpoint if there wasn’t a meat computer with a very limited tolerance for G-forces on board. What would be the limits of an aircraft that was designed without the need to support human life in such an extreme environment?

No disrespect to pilots intended, I know there’s a shit load more involved in flying than just acrobatic maneuvers.
    There are times when there is no substitute for a human on board. But you’re right — that same flight control and maneuvering technology could be built into a UAV, or an antiaircraft missile.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    What country has an aircraft that's better than a Super Hornet?
    Russia: SU-30, SU-35, SU-57, Mig-35. The SU-30 is heavily exported.

China: Exported Russian SU-30, SU-35; domestically produced J-10C, J-11, J-20 stealth fighter.

European countries Eurofighter Typhoon is more maneuverable and can be equipped with better air-to-air missiles in the form of the Meteor AAM. Eurofigthers are exported.

France-Rafale fighter is more maneuverable and can be equipped with better air-to-air missiles in the form of the Meteor AAM.

Hammertime
    A memorable moment in life was when I had to fill up gas out in the sticks about 50 miles from Luke AFB and two F22s were dueling in the sky above for about ten minutes. Crazy to watch.

Also if you like zoos, go to Wildlife World Zoo in W Phoenix in the morning and you get an airshow of these planes taking off and landing as well.

I was working in the plant in Marietta on a different aircraft line when the last flight of 4 F-22s were completed. I passed by the final assembly bay a couple times, as they went out the door for the last time before production follow-on went to Fort Worth. It's a fantastic airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    A memorable moment in life was when I had to fill up gas out in the sticks about 50 miles from Luke AFB and two F22s were dueling in the sky above for about ten minutes. Crazy to watch.

Also if you like zoos, go to Wildlife World Zoo in W Phoenix in the morning and you get an airshow of these planes taking off and landing as well.
    Those might be F-35s. F-35s are stationed at Luke, F-22s are not stationed anywhere close.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I was working in the plant in Marietta on a different aircraft line when the last flight of 4 F-22s were completed. I passed by the final assembly bay a couple times, as they went out the door for the last time before production follow-on went to Fort Worth. It's a fantastic airplane.
    Once when my office was in the Perimeter I was out for a run at lunch and saw an F-22 and an F-15 pull a circle overhead. That was pretty cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Once when my office was in the Perimeter I was out for a run at lunch and saw an F-22 and an F-15 pull a circle overhead. That was pretty cool to see.
    Yeah, somehow watching C130J-30's take off isn't quite the same thing.

User Tag List