Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you get a Mailman to Follow the Rules?

Our mailbox is at least double the distance from the house, but sadly, it's not my property I have to traverse to get to it.
    That might be a problem. We live at the end of a private road. Plat designates the use of that road easement to the property owners in the subdivision. I've had issues with people trying to use it for other things other than ingress and egress. Sometimes I have to explain the concept to them but fortunately most of them can read. It took an attorney to explain it to one individual. He's gone.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That might be a problem. We live at the end of a private road. Plat designates the use of that road easement to the property owners in the subdivision. I've had issues with people trying to use it for other things other than ingress and egress. Sometimes I have to explain the concept to them but fortunately most of them can read. It took an attorney to explain it to one individual. He's gone.
    No, I don't cross anyone's property, sorry I wasn't very clear. I just walk down our shared (private) gravel roads through the subdivision to get there.

I was only sorry that I didn't own all the land between where I live and the mailbox down on the "main" road.

Pardon my lack of clarity.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'd report the matter to the local news and congressional representative...especially given that the Postal Inspectors and local management may not take action.
    Well, they may not take action until you contact the news and the congressman....

I just reached out to my best friend - she is a former acting PM and currently holds down the counter at a small PO in FL. I’ll see if she has any suggestions.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just reached out to my best friend - she is a former acting PM and currently holds down the counter at a small PO in FL. I’ll see if she has any suggestions.
    Cool, thanks.

File a report. Document everything. Take photos. Make sure you have facts not opinion. Send e-mails to postmaster and save e-mails. Document all conversations. They will respond and they will investigate.

https://www.uspsoig.gov/form/file-online-complaint

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @TGS

Ah, Varick St. Brings back memories. Years ago, NYPD also had an intel division there where we would go to check files. I can't remember if that later moved to 1PP or not.
    1980's while in college I took the train into Manhattan. Made my way to lower Manhattan to the FCC offices on Varick Street to sit for an Amateur Radio test. Back then copying Morse Code was part of the test, now gone the way of the Dodo. I think they should have kept the code requirement as it set the bar high enough to both inspire one to learn and keep out the troublemakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    A different agency, different era, but...

My Mother worked at the regional Social Security office in the 1960s.
    She said that any dispute sent to a Representative was forwarded to the SS office as a "yellow dog" and the file was hand carried through the department until resolved. Usually in favor of the citizen.

So let her go to the top.
    This. 1000X this. I had to deal with SSA regarding an alleged overpayment of close to $1,000 for a relative which quite simply didn't happen and I had the records to prove it. The local office gave me the runaround for several months, and all the while they were still sending threatening letters. Finally, one of their representatives, who I think was tired of dealing with me, pulled me aside and recommended going the congressional route. It was resolved the next day and we didn't pay a dime.

I also work at a mid-sized federal agency that has a primarily customer service orientation and we have teams dedicated to just handing congressional inquiries. At our agency, if we get a congressional call about a case, if nothing else that case is getting looked at by a dedicated team and frequently by GS14 and 15 level managers overseeing the section or division responsible for the case. The constituent may not get the answer they like, but they'll at least get an answer in very short order.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Cool, thanks.
    She said she will talk to the big boss to see what he suggests you do. She also called your mom’s carrier a MFCS. (She’s salty like that.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Does your mother in laws postal worker look like either of these guys?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Tag List