Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do you get a Mailman to Follow the Rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Does your mother in laws postal worker look like either of these guys?
    Believe me Newman came to mind. Shame on me for forgetting about Cliff Claven.

MIL's mail came yesterday after dark. Very obviously many days worth of mail all at once. My wife thinks the recalcitrant mailman made a special trip after his route to get his ass out of a sling. I say a single delivery does not indicate anything has changed. We don't know what happened today.

This is on the tangent that has been mentioned by many, but I recently started doing my mom's banking for her online. She showed me all of the crapola she was doing to keep things straight, just to make sure she didn't overlook something that could be done either automatically or with a simple mouse click. I made a few entries into my calendar, so now I can call her and ask if the cable bill came (about the only one left that is not automatic), she can confirm the amount and seconds later it is done, and she thinks I walk on water. I guess she was under that opinion prior anyway, but damn...

So I know nobody wants to do this in response to a government official doing something dubious, but it probably makes everyone's life simple anyway.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Does your mother in laws postal worker look like either of these guys?
    My BIL has been a postal worker for years. I’ve never seen him dressed like that.

Others in this thread have already suggested writing your Congress person. If the situation continues, this is great advice.

I had a significant issue with the DMV. I eventually wrote my congressman, and the issue was resolved in my favor in a couple of days.

Site Supporter
    The Department of Motor Vehicles is a state function.

I’m surprised that a U.S. Congressman would get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Believe me Newman came to mind. Shame on me for forgetting about Cliff Claven.

MIL's mail came yesterday after dark. Very obviously many days worth of mail all at once. My wife thinks the recalcitrant mailman made a special trip after his route to get his ass out of a sling. I say a single delivery does not indicate anything has changed. We don't know what happened today.
    You tried asking nicely, now put in in writing online. Not the same at all, but I had a package that sat in the local PO for most of a week. I sent an online inquiry and got a emailed response and a phone call. The package arrived and I got another email. When other people can see it, or there is a chain of notifications to bosses, everything is different. I'd start with a complaint about the local postmaster.

Once you force everybody to do their job, then go to online billing.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The derelict mailman in on vacation for 2 weeks my mother in law is getting her mail. We suspect that there is undelivered mail squirrelled away somewhere by the A-hole as he didn't deliver for days before he departed. First delivery by the substitute mailman was 1 piece of mail. My wife is concerned about bills that won't be seen for weeks. It's a gift that keeps on giving.

User Tag List