Thread: US Law Shield

US Law Shield

I am somewhat of a newb so please tell me how my thinking is flawed here.

Looking over the top three insurance companies for gun owners, I have singled out USCC and USLawShield. CCW Safe doesn't look that appealing to me, they have a decent offer, but they need to update their site, (IMO they look cheap?)

I am trying US LawShield for two reasons: you can get on the phone and talk to a "real attorney" (I don't know what a fake attorney is?) any time you need too, and they claim not to have any cap on court costs. The legal part related to gun ownership and getting caught up with police after accidentally firing gun, or crossing the wrong state line is scary enough, I would like to have the safety of talking to an lawyer if the SHF.
    https://www.uslawshield.com/how-it-works

USCC seems reasonable and a good second, I like their website and reciprocity tool etc... I don't know am I missing anything here?

Been a while since I last did my research...but in the end, I went with CCW Safe a few years back. (And left a couple of other reputable companies to do so.)

It all comes down to your analysis and your choice. You have to be comfortable with what the company offers and whether it meets your needs.

Sounds like you've done your due diligence. Now all you need to do is decide and put your money down.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

US LawShield has a unique feature that none of the other ones have, which is a 24/7 Attorney answered hotline. Basically, you get into a shooting or something like that, and you call this number and you actually get a lawyer, not a call center rep. That's actually been useful for some people who are customers, because "I'm on the phone with my lawyer" is pert near a super-power when the cops are questioning you after a shoot.

Site Supporter
    I found this to be helpful reading.
    https://www.arsenalattorneys.com/blo...ys-george-lyon

ETA: From: https://www.defensivecarry.com/threa...-acldn.333474/
    I don't know if the bolded part (my emphasis) is still true for all other providers... but certainly relevant to confirm, IMO.

#18 Apr 27, 2017

Concelaed Carry Insurance

I am the General Counsel and Founder of CCW Safe. You can go to ccwsafe.com and see the current updated comparison charts, even the ones done by the NRA's new re-boot of their product. As a former police officer and attorney practicing for 20 years, I helped form CCW Safe as a model of a police union availab le to civilians. In January of 2017 we formed our own captive insurance company, 2A Insurance, to have a funding mechanism that makes us the most stable comapny in this industry. All ofour competitors cap their legal fees. We do not. Even the ACLDN is really a grant organization and in no way will provide enough money to pay a lawyer in a serious case. A homicide case, of which we have in our claims right now, is incredibly expensive. Our competitors simply do not even understand what expenses are involved in a defense of such a case. Don West, co-counsel in the Geroge Zimmerman case, is our National Trial Counsel. Our service is built to pay the actual expenes incurred in a defense, whether you are guilty or innocent or whether you accept a plea to a lesser offense. No one else can say that. So, if you have a competitor and accept a plea then you have pleaded yourself out of coverage and you are responsible for the attorney fees. Read the fine print on these. We welcome calls on this subject at any time. We are confident that when one looks at what they will actually get as a member, the choice is quite clear.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 01-26-2021 at 10:06 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Good thread. I did my research and picked ACLDN for my needs. From @RoyGBiv's quoted article, this part made a lot of sense to me:

If I were involved in a shooting incident, I’d want to be able to call on Massad Ayoob or Marty Hayes to assist my legal defense team

I plan to add my spouse this coming renewal year.

I’m starting to hate the state where I was born and raised. WA state has made it so I can’t call Marty Hayes, beyond driving to his house myself.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List