Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Selecting Dot(s) for EDC *and* USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Well said. This makes sense. A few more things go into my equation in addition to what I compete and primarily practice with. Some guns don't easily lend themselves to RDS. E.g. I carried an LCR on our neighborhood hike just now. An RDS and/or a WML add size and weight, and I am not a huge dude. I can feel the difference between my P-07s with and without the TLR-8, and more often carry the one without it because of that. I'd rather carry a G19 or P-07 size gun with no accessories than a p365 or G43 size gun with a RDS.

Plus I'm a stubborn fucker--not an early adopter.
    A dot gun doesn’t feel heavy or bulky to me, it feels comforting!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I'll offer the dubious perspective that an RDS specific class it not needed...
    By and large, the RDS classes are given by people who are not tipping the scale of being something special in regards to RDS. Majority are self taught just like most of us, have not used RDS in anything other than classes, whether given or taken, or maybe matches. Again, just like most of us. I go to classes either for technical skills or to listen to been-done-used this-kit-for-real stuff. The latter crowd, in PMO, context barely, if at all exists. The former gets smaller and smaller as one's skills get higher. I think that when instructor crowd changes from Ms/paper GMs and old stock tactical peeps to champs/contenders and contemporary pro crowd that actually employed the PMOs, that might change the content of and therefore attitudes to the classes.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Name:  itbegins.jpeg
Views: 363
Size:  23.7 KB

Stopped by a local gun shop today, just to see what they had, you know, not that I was going to buy anything, of course. Oh no. Not me. Going to keep doing my research, and not act rashly.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Sure Rich.

Name:  IMG_8221.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  101.8 KB

Picked up a Holosun HS 507c-x2 for my Glock 34 MOS.

I just ordered a C&H V4 Defender adapter plate, as well as a Wheeler Torque wrench. I installed it for test purposes, using the Glock MOS plate, just snugged down basically. (I can see the OEM plate is not exactly, uh, optically flat, but still, it works enough to mount the optic.)

Anyway, using the Glock plate let me verify the dot / circle thngy actually works. I just plan to dry practice with it until the permanent plate gets here. I was going to insert my laser boresighter, to see where the barrel lined up with the sight, but unfortunately one of my LR41 button cells fell apart on me, so I'll need to pick up some batteries at ACE before I try that.

Very cool thing. I showed it to my wife, who looked through it and said "well geez how can you miss" to which I said "eggsactly."

This inspires me to dryfire my setup lefty (wronghanded for me) tomorrow after I get kids off to school...

Duracells FTW.

Congratulations.
    David S.

Just wanted to add this video by Hilton Yam of 10-8 Performance comparing and contrasting the C&H V4 MIL/LEO plate with the Glock OEM plate, pointing out several key discriminators of why you’d want to use an aftermarket plate instead of the OEM.

Speaking of CHPWS, this thread might be of interest for those considering buying a product from them: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...s-bad.7029694/

I've got no dog in the fight, since they do not make any product that I would be able to use, but it's certainly not a good look.

^^^^^^^^^

Ouch.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^

Ouch.
    I lost interest at the end of page 1.

Buck has an interesting personality and I at times find him to be a little bit abrasive.

Having said that, the OP was/is a toolbag.

C&H makes good products. Do they put out a lemon? Yeah, everyone does. If C&H rubs you the wrong way, go with a FCD's plate instead.

RJ - Well done. We’re interested to hear your experience and if you run into problems there’s a bunch of guys with good experience to help you out and point you in the right direction.

As for CHPWS... I see both sides. I’ve had some less-than-reliable responses to inquiries and emails, but I’ve also ordered two mounts and several parts kits with no issues. I was gifted an RMR mount which I used when testing an optic for my department, and I was very impressed with its performance. I had a screw (optic to plate) torsion shear from one of the parts kits while trying to install an optic (I was using a good Vortex torque wrench set at 10in/lbs) and ended up mounting it with the MOS plate and the screws I purchased from McMaster-Carr. With that, I know CHPWS sources their screws and doesn’t buy junk. Poop happens and I’d buy from them again.

I also have a Forward Controls Design OPF-G plate on my carry G19MOS and I’m really happy with that so either way you go you’re likely to get a benefit over the MOS.

User Tag List