Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus G3C~=Sig P365?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Is the G3C made in their new GA plant ?
    I don’t know anything about this pistol or Taurus in general other than their reputation for shoddy guns.

I think that reputation must be changing based on what I saw yesterday, and am wondering about other folks’ experience.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I don’t know anything about this pistol or Taurus in general other than their reputation for shoddy guns.

I think that reputation must be changing based on what I saw yesterday, and am wondering about other folks’ experience.
    One of the things changing that rep is their TX-22 semi auto .22 which is made in the new GA factory. I believe it was their first US made product.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Is the G3C made in their new GA plant ?
    Asked friend to look at it: slide is Georgia, frame is Brazil.

I would really like to see Taurus up their quality, particularly if they put blue-collar Americans to work doing it.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I would really like to see Taurus up their quality, particularly if they put blue-collar Americans to work doing it.
    Hey man, they're trying. Right now only their rimfire guns are produced domestically, but they're trying

Site Supporter
    FWIW I just heard Steve Fisher say good things about this pistol on a P&S miscast that is streaming now.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Does this model have that looooong first pull, double strike possible trigger?
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Hey man, they're trying. Right now only their rimfire guns are produced domestically, but they're trying
    I listened to your interview with your bud, the new president, and I found that pretty interesting. I need another .22 pistol like I need a hole in the head, but I'm temped to go buy one just to show a little support.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Can you post your interview here?

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Does this model have that looooong first pull, double strike possible trigger?
    Longish, yes, but okay, and yes, double strike possible.

I fully realize the following anecdote points up bad practice. Many years ago, for fun I used a Millennium G2 in a couple IDPA-ish BUG matches. I was using up a few cases of ZQI I'd purchased back after Sandy Hook (when we bought the ammo that we could get and not the ammo that we wanted). A few rounds of the ZQI wouldn't fire off on the first pull, but another instant pull would fire it off. (Every once in a while my Steyr wouldn't fire one off, either. They seemed to have harder primers...I didn't have any issues with hammer-fired guns.)

I personally wouldn't carry a G2 (and I wouldn't use ZQI as carry ammo), but, if it was all I could afford, I would. Mine is closing in on a thousand rounds and hasn't had an issue (assuming you don't lay the ZQI issues at the feet of Taurus).

Taurus earned its bad reputation over decades. It seems that this line doesn't suffer from the issues that have plagued Taurus over time.

User Tag List