Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taurus G3C~=Sig P365?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Can you post your interview here?
    You bet!

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Longish, yes, but okay, and yes, double strike possible.

I fully realize the following anecdote points up bad practice. Many years ago, for fun I used a Millennium G2 in a couple IDPA-ish BUG matches. I was using up a few cases of ZQI I'd purchased back after Sandy Hook (when we bought the ammo that we could get and not the ammo that we wanted). A few rounds of the ZQI wouldn't fire off on the first pull, but another instant pull would fire it off. (Every once in a while my Steyr wouldn't fire one off, either. They seemed to have harder primers...I didn't have any issues with hammer-fired guns.)

I personally wouldn't carry a G2 (and I wouldn't use ZQI as carry ammo), but, if it was all I could afford, I would. Mine is closing in on a thousand rounds and hasn't had an issue (assuming you don't lay the ZQI issues at the feet of Taurus).

Taurus earned its bad reputation over decades. It seems that this line doesn't suffer from the issues that have plagued Taurus over time.
    I've put roughly a thousand rounds or so through a buddy's G2C that's a couple to three years old (he's put way more than that downrange). I'm still impressed with it. I'd have no problem or fears in carrying THAT particular pistol. Of course, it could crap the bed next week, but I doubt it will.

I don't have a problem with the trigger either other than it's different from what I normally carry - just a training point (though 'old dog/new tricks' somewhat applies I'm sure -- I still mindlessly swipe the frame sometimes seeking that non-existent safety on whatever striker pistol even though I haven't carried a 1911 in, damn, quite some time).

I'm glad to see that the overall quality of Taurus appears to be rising, and USA manufacturing is definitely a plus for a variety of reasons.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List