Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus G3C~=Sig P365?

Hammertime

Taurus G3C~=Sig P365?

Taurus is not typical Pistol-Forum fodder.

https://www.taurususa.com/pistols/taurus-g3c

I just handled a friend’s G3C. A friend who doesn’t have a lot of disposable income. A friend I advised to find a used Glock. I have to say, kinda impressed for the price. It is certainly at least as nice or nicer from a build perspective than any Ruger pistol I have handled. I was very much reminded of the Sig P365 both in size and trigger.

Internals appear cloned from Glock but with a fully cocked striker. Very nice trigger as a result. I didn’t get a chance to see a magazine.

I don’t have a P365 handy to compare but from what I remember they are pretty close on size.

Anyone have any experience with them?

I have a P365, no experience with the Taurus. Handgun hero comparison seems to show the G3c is considerably bigger than the Sig?

Name:  E2DC6EA8-5DFD-4BB8-AE9C-6B39E6F2ACB1.jpg
Views: 1941
Size:  52.6 KB

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I have a P365, no experience with the Taurus. Handgun hero comparison seems to show the G3c is considerably bigger than the Sig?

Name:  E2DC6EA8-5DFD-4BB8-AE9C-6B39E6F2ACB1.jpg
Views: 1941
Size:  52.6 KB
    Okay my bad. Frick that Sig is teeny. The G3C felt like a G43x I guess but shorter grip. Not nearly as wide as a G26.

Hammertime
    Looks like the G43x is tha actual target. I totally forgot how tiny the 365 is.

I will try to change the title but if not can a mod help me?

Name:  4214CF5C-47FF-4CDB-82A8-89B3865EB898.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  38.5 KB

Don’t worry, it’s still pretty close!
    Some of us carry P365s with the XL grip module or at least with the 12 round extension.
    Height is pretty similar in that case.

Here’s a height comparison of an XL grip.
    Name:  83176DD3-84EA-4E4B-8B2B-4A96F2D620EA.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  32.1 KB

Really not bad of Taurus for 12 rounds.

But dimensionally more like a short barrel G19 kind of form factor.
    Name:  2E7D83FD-D112-4D2C-B796-1B4C22406FA7.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  28.6 KB
    Last edited by JCN; 01-25-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Regarding the G3c, I have one, and it's...actually pretty decent. I did a 500 round test on it last year, and it went through all 500 rounds without barfing once. I get that pre-COVID 500 rounds isn't a fart in a bucket for us, but for this pistol's target user group, 500 is probably 5x what they'll fire through it.

Site Supporter
    My father in law got one of these recently. He wanted me to run a few mags worth of ammo through it to see if I could find anything wrong.

I ended up with 15 mags through it (he had oooollllldddd 9mm laying around); and I was very impressed to my extreme chagrin.

Accurate, no stoppages, reloads well, sights worked well (for me at least). Drawing from concealment was smooth, predictable, and easy to get on target.

I really don't want to like Taurus, but the pistol worked very well. Serves me right for being a gun snob.

two cool features: resetting trigger on striker system to get "double strike"; and the manual thumb safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post

I just handled a friend’s G3C. A friend who doesn’t have a lot of disposable income. A friend I advised to find a used Glock. I have to say, kinda impressed for the price. It is certainly at least as nice or nicer from a build perspective than any Ruger pistol I have handled. I was very much reminded of the Sig P365 both in size and trigger.

Internals appear cloned from Glock but with a fully cocked striker. Very nice trigger as a result. I didn’t get a chance to see a magazine.

I don’t have a P365 handy to compare but from what I remember they are pretty close on size.

Have a G2C. It's more like a G26 equivalent, with a bit longer grip.

I know it's thread drift, but I had a Taurus 709 Slim a few years back. It was actually an accurate and boringly reliable gun, but I didn't like the plastic sights and couldn't find decent replacements. I ended up selling it for what I paid for it, which wasn't much over $200, and picking up a PC Shield for EDC. That has since been replaced by my 365 for pocket carry.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post

Is the G3C made in their new GA plant ?

User Tag List