Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You won the billion dollar lotto, can you save the 2A?

I would buy SCOTUS.

I had visions of building a media company that would highlight corruption on all sides and show the 2A in as positive a light as possible while remaining truthful. Especially pointing out how people didn’t wait on the cops to come save them. I also wanted to build an ammo company that would fill in the gaps during panic seasons.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I would not do anything, because at the end of the day, it's easy to dismiss me as a person.

I would take my billion and call upon some smart people to make good solid investments and grow that money. If you want to fight a shadow cabal of movers and shakers you have to know about the shadow cabal and figure out how it works. A billion in lotto winnings doesn't get you an invite to a party at Zuckerberg's house. But owning 20% of Facebook stock does. With an idea of the whose who, you can make far more deliberate choices and actions to counter them. Even better if they don't really know who you are, it makes harder for them to fight 'you' back.

Once you've got a good sense of the playing field and the actors, you can start to sponsor selected projects/politicians/media/etc. Basically a classic psyops campaign.

The sad thing is a billion won't be enough. That's small time when you consider that Zuckerberg, Bezos and Gates have 400 billion between them. A billion wouldn't even buy CNN, much less Fox News. Without the media you won't make much headway.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    The sad thing is a billion won't be enough. That's small time when you consider that Zuckerberg, Bezos and Gates have 400 billion between them. A billion wouldn't even buy CNN, much less Fox News. Without the media you won't make much headway.
    Exactly.

It's estimated that Biden's campaign drew in over 1.5 billion in funding alone for the 2020 campaign.

A billion dollars is a lot for a normal man, but is chump change to the truly wealthy in the world. You have to take that billion and turn it into 20-30-100x to really effect change at a fundamental level.

Don't get me wrong as a newly minted billionaire (well several hundred millionaire actually), your local congress critter will know your name. You'll get invited to all the local parties. But you won't get an audience with POTUS or bend the ear of the Sec of State with that kind of cash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    who said I'd save it? I'd buy half of WV and create the People's Republic of Hufnagelstan, surround it with a moat filled with sharks with laser beams.

Excuse me, don't you mean "FRICKIN laser beams?"
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Excuse me, don't you mean "FRICKIN laser beams?"
    yea but personally I'd rather put up an active defensive/offensive system run by WOPR. and no, I won't allow you to play fucking tic tac toe on it.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I think I'd do four things.
    • Grow the money.
    • Restore a political center to counter the extreme identity politics on both sides that have gotten us where we are.
    • Find a message that resonates with centrists. I believe that many if not most new gun owners are centrists. After the antifa riots and a mob attacking on the Capitol, "the ability to overthrow a corrupt government" and "mah rights" no longer work. I believe that antifa activity and the bitter rhetoric around the 2020 election repulsed many centrists, as shown by down-ballot drifts toward the red that destroyed the blue wave. How do we reach people who are already on our side?
    • Remove WLP from the discussion.

But until that billion dollars hits my bank account, it's all speculation.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

A billion dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Youth programs. Shooting is funner than darts.

User Tag List