• 60-69

40 16.00%
  • 70 +, mods here are shit

14 5.60%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of P-F members?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Interesting numbers so far. It has been claimed, with some foundation, that forums are dying or dead - with the rise of current social media - because of age demographics. However, within the last week or two, after the banning & deplatforming, I've seen talk of forums resurrecting themselves.

Regardless, I'll be curious to see how things all work out.
    This was discussed on the latest Primary and Secondary podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Boomers RULE! Get used to it. Im pleasantly surprised to see 20 to 29 year olds. Thats a really good sign.
    Assuming I make it, I turn 30 in June. I've been here a few years I think.

It just occurred to me. At least 12 people on this forum are qualified to be POTUS.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

New Forum Category: Old Man Guns. For supporting members, 50+.

The Tactical Professor has, of course, written on this subject, but personally, I have found myself favoring larger handguns, as I age, because firing the little ones hurts. In 2020, I traded-away three Gen4 G19 Glocks. Before I retired, probably in 2017, I sold my G26 to one of my former rookies, for a colleague-friendly price. G19x and G17 pistols are now my friends. My very mention of G43/G48 makes me reach for the Vitamin M (Motrin) bottle.

All-steel, 5” 1911 pistols are similarly friendly to us older folks.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Considering that genx is currently between 41 and 56, it’s looking like about half of the people keeping this place rolling are Xers.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I turned 43 on Saturday.

I thought that by the time I had hit 43 I would be an adult.

Here's to seeing if it happens by 53
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I turned 43 on Saturday.

I thought that by the time I had hit 43 I would be an adult.

Here's to seeing if it happens by 53
    I wish you minimal success sir.

"... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Interesting numbers so far. It has been claimed, with some foundation, that forums are dying or dead - with the rise of current social media - because of age demographics. However, within the last week or two, after the banning & deplatforming, I've seen talk of forums resurrecting themselves.

Regardless, I'll be curious to see how things all work out.
    Funny you should mention that...

This is really the only “forum” I belong to anymore. Banning’s aside, I’ve just stopped visiting almost all of them, and Facebook groups for my various interests have replaced them. Ram trucks, Class B RVs, sous vide, travel, bbq, woodworking... just a few of my interests that I follow all in one place on Fb. I suppose the fact that the groups I belong tel and pages I follow outnumber my fb “friends” by an exponential amount is why I don’t have the same opinions about fb that many people do. My “feed” is almost entirely groups and pages.

Which is funny as I type this, because having everything on the internet all in one place was the AOL model way back when. Anyone else remember “aol keyword:”?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

It seems like the demographics are showing us that we eat red meat and know how to have a conversation outside of a cell phone.

Those numbers aren't surprising. Shooting costs money -- and time. Hopefully, as we age, we have a little more of both. At least among those who voted, the age range seems to bear that out.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Something else I’ve noticed about information in general...

Seems like Xers and older came up in a more focused age, where we were able to be presented with something, take a moment to consider it, absorb it if needed, and accept or reject it. Or act on it.

Yers and younger came up in an age where this just wasn’t physically possible, and they are essentially only passingly aware of pretty much everything. Nothing has any more weight than anything else. You almost have to approach it like this otherwise the wave will knock you over.

I see Yers and older at work take on this approach when they reach a point in their career where the volume of emails becomes too much to bear. It’s actually ACCEPTABLE in many instances to say things like “oh, you sent an email on that? I get too many emails to read them all” (in fact, I’m waiting for this to bear out in court and become case law. It’s only a matter of time before the courts conclude that there’s no way a person could be expected to read and absorb hundreds of emails a day).

So the point about places like Facebook being disorganized is valid but also part of the attraction.

FWIW, you *can* search most pages and groups on fb if there’s something specific you’re looking for in that group. Of course, the search results are also controlled by AI so there’s some sort of half-assed predicting going on that probably means you’re not going to find the best answer what you actually want. But you will find AN answer.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List