View Poll Results: Thumb Forward or Around Grip?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thumb Forward

20 57.14%
  • Thumb Wrapped Around Grip

15 42.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul SGA Stock - Remington 870

Thumb forward, which is awesome until you shoot a humpback and jam the shit out of yourself.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Thumb wrapped around the grip. I shot 75+ rounds of five stand today with it and no boppage occurred.

Edited to add:

I’m using mine with two spacers which seems “right” to me with my stance. The guys at the club seem to think it’s short compared to their guns.

Thumb wrapped, but admittedly I haven’t shot anything really hot through my 1301. I have some Brenneke Black Magic slugs I’ll have to test. I used to go thumbs forward on my 870.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Thumb wrapped, but admittedly I haven’t shot anything really hot through my 1301. I have some Brenneke Black Magic slugs I’ll have to test. I used to go thumbs forward on my 870.
    The poll and the question are in regard specifically to the Magpul stock for the 870. Anything else just skews the data regarding how people grip the Magpul stock for that particular shotgun.

(Not meant to be snarky.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Thumb wrapped around.
    I use a higher cheek riser to avoid bopping myself in the nose w/ thumb knuckle.
    Same here. I have 2 spacers installed with the medium cheek riser and my nose doesn't even come close to my thumb.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The poll and the question are in regard specifically to the Magpul stock for the 870. Anything else just skews the data regarding how people grip the Magpul stock for that particular shotgun.

(Not meant to be snarky.)
    Whoops - sorry.
    Mine’s on my 1301T. So I inadvertently skewed the data.
    I was thinking it was an 870 stock used with the adapter, but apparently it’s a Mosburg SGA stock.

So - disregard my blathering about a different stock on a different shotgun...

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Whoops - sorry.
    Mine’s on my 1301T. So I inadvertently skewed the data.
    I was thinking it was an 870 stock used with the adapter, but apparently it’s a Mosburg SGA stock.

So - disregard my blathering about a different stock on a different shotgun...
    All of you are to report directly to gulag. Do not pass Go.

Eh, no worries. It looks like it's a six of one, half dozen of the other...

Personally, I'm afraid that if I don't do thumbs forward with a 12.5" LOP, I'll probably sock myself in the schnozz, and mine's not much pronounced to begin with. Maybe I'll chance it next time I dare to use any of my precious shotgun ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    All of you are to report directly to gulag. Do not pass Go.

Eh, no worries. It looks like it's a six of one, half dozen of the other...

Personally, I'm afraid that if I don't do thumbs forward with a 12.5" LOP, I'll probably sock myself in the schnozz, and mine's not much pronounced to begin with. Maybe I'll chance it next time I dare to use any of my precious shotgun ammo.
    I switched from the short Hogue stock to the Magpul, since the Magpul didn't bonk my nose with the thumb wrapped around regardless of what I was shooting ammo wise. I ended up switching all of my shotguns to the Magpul stock except my "truck gun", which I kept the 870 youth stock since it looks less "tactical". No bonking with either 870 or Mossberg pumps and the Magpul or the 870 youth stock (13" LOP) FWIW.

I have a Magpul stock with no spacers on my 870 and I think I wrap my thumb around the stock, but I only got the bloody thing a week ago and only have one 80 round range session with it, so I didn't answer the poll. At any case, I didn't bonk my nose even with the hunting slugs I tried. I'll have to try to pay more attention to how I hold the gun the next time I get to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I have a Magpul stock with no spacers on my 870 and I think I wrap my thumb around the stock, but I only got the bloody thing a week ago and only have one 80 round range session with it, so I didn't answer the poll. At any case, I didn't bonk my nose even with the hunting slugs I tried. I'll have to try to pay more attention to how I hold the gun the next time I get to shoot it.
    So nobody nose the trouble you ain't seen?

We'll wait on ya.

User Tag List