Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riots in Tacoma WA now. Police cruiser attacked.

Riots in Tacoma WA now. Police cruiser attacked.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/24/us/ta...owd/index.html

Anything from the POTUS would be good. Maybe some National Guard and a curfew.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

TL;DR: the crowd surrounded the officer. He attempted to drive out of the crowd, not into it.

Allow me to provide the context that CNN omitted:

Since COVID started, western Washington has seen a lot of misbehavior on the roads: people driving over 100 mph on the interstate, people driving twice the speed limit on city streets, and crowds of "Fast & Furious" fans (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_%26_Furious) gathering to race in the street, make noise, and generally act like children. The first two types of behavior tapered off after coverage from local news outlets and aggressive ticketing by LE.

The third is growing. At first, these people gathered late on weekend nights in warehouse districts away from people. Now they're racing in more populated areas, including a couple of rallies in downtown Seattle, blocking off stretches of highway to race, and racing through residential neighborhoods. This has also gotten a fair amount of coverage from local news outlets, including when these guys do doughnuts while surrounded by a crowd and injure onlookers when a driver loses control. Again, if these folks confined this activity to the edges of town, I doubt that anyone would care.

This crowd chose to block the intersection of Pacific Avenue, the biggest street in downtown Tacoma, and 9th Avenue, one of the biggest arterials in the city. When the police showed up, the crowd surrounded an officer's vehicle and began to beat on it. The officer hit the siren and lights then tried to drive out of the problem. That's where CNN picks up the story.

With any luck, the Tacoma PD can leverage some of the new support for using facial recognition technology to identify and arrest the rioters at the Capitol to sort out this mess. I'd bet that there were any number of outstanding warrants in that entire crowd, and especially among those who chose to assault the officer's vehicle.

But we'll have to wait and see whether what's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/24/us/ta...owd/index.html

Anything from the POTUS would be good...

I’m not going to hold my breath. But, hey, maybe we’ll get some condemnation from Mexico’s president, since the flags is being flown by scofflaws.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The sad thing is the taxpayers will still write a big check even if it is ruled justified....

I wish someone from the citizens review board was on board.....

Seattle's review board includes previous felons and undocked "community members"

Site Supporter
    I hope the officer isn't hung out to dry and maintains gainful employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’m not going to hold my breath. But, hey, maybe we’ll get some condemnation from Mexico’s president, since the flags is being flown by scofflaws.
    Didn't catch that. Thought it had to be a BLM flag. I noticed the police chief now apologizing for the officers actions. Must be close to retirement.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I hope it doesn’t take a souped-up Honda plowing into a sleeping child’s bedroom at 95 mph to put a stop to this bullshit.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    ...and racing through residential neighborhoods.
    I’d like to thank these people for providing the justification for my purchase of a Barrett M107A1, suppressor, and 200 rounds of API ammo. My wife now understands my thinking...

Name:  M107A1 FDE 1.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  28.7 KB
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’d like to thank these people for providing the justification for my purchase of a Barrett M107A1, suppressor, and 200 rounds of API ammo. My wife now understands my thinking...

We are dangerously close to the edge of P-F’s terms of use, but I will repeat the old saw here that police were originally as much about protecting the criminals from the vigilantes as the other way around back in the day. Or so I’ve heard.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

Excellent!
    Best to use a mountain range as a backstop
    😀
    Shumba

User Tag List