Thread: Colt C20 wins Danish sniper rifle contract

Colt C20 wins Danish sniper rifle contract

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-sniper-rifle/

After a thorough test period, the winner of the Armed Forces’ new sniper rifle, map (FINSKGV, K) has been found. The winner was Colt Canada with their C20 DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle).

The acquisition of new FINSKGV, K is happening because the Armed Forces’ current Heckler and Koch 417S are about to be worn out.

The test was carried out in collaboration with the expert users in the sniper community, who have tested and quality assured the pre-qualified rifles in all phases.

The test itself was also planned by and performed by the expert users themselves and took place in the autumn of 2019 in Borris and Ulfborg. The final choice of the Colt Canada’s C20 has been made based on user feedback and various shooting results from these tests.

The Colt Canada’s C20 was the best in precision and received the highest score in the quality of the users in both firing and handling of the weapon under different conditions.

The sniper rifle comes with a carrying system, magazine bags and other comprehensive accessory packages, which are tailored to the needs of the individual units.

FINSKGV, K C20 is expected to be handed over from Q1 2021 to the Army’s sniper, light infantry sniper (LINF) and the Home Guard’s special patrol unit.
    #RESIST

Monolithic upper M-Lok, ambi, DI (I think?) gun.

I can dig it! Good for Colt Canada, Chris Bartocci of Small Arms Solutions is always speaking highly of Colt Canda/Diemaco.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    They're nice machines. The Danes like CC stuff, I have a Danish contract gun myself. It might as well be a DMR rifle, it does more than anyone should ask of a service rifle.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    The last time I looked at colt Canada’s website I was disappointed that they did it sell the same models in the US. IIRC there was a 16” DI 7.62 that looked great.

Finskyttegevaer just rolls off your tongue.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Their 417S guns are worn out already? Seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Their 417S guns are worn out already? Seems unlikely.
    I agree something seems very odd about that statement. What wore out? Why can’t it be replaced? Maybe HK replacement parts are as expensive for governments as they are for us lowly civilians?

That being said, I am glad for more adoption of this Colt. If CZ is listening, please bring back the 901 series (CM20) for the US. I missed out on these and would love to buy a couple in 6.5 and 8.6 creedmore (if it ever comes out).

I mean, it’s a cool selling point if Colt would offer this as a pistol with 8.6 creedmore and .300 blk uppers. It’s something that only their platform can really do right now. Not really practical, but when has successful gun marketing ever been about practical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List