Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12-inch LOP too short?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    If the stock feels too short, run the gun more inboard. I tend to use a slightly more bladed stance and prefer the Magpul stocks, that shorter stock allows me to run the gun more in the center of my pec instead of further out toward my shoulder.

If it feels too short, you can correct that by altering where you run the gun.
    3/15/2016

I’m 5’10” with less musculature than I ought to have. I blade pretty good, 25-30 degrees. My S&W3000 is cut to 12.25”. In addition to helping run the gun a little better, it helps me apply the Haught push-pull with strength.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    If the stock feels too short, run the gun more inboard. I tend to use a slightly more bladed stance and prefer the Magpul stocks, that shorter stock allows me to run the gun more in the center of my pec instead of further out toward my shoulder.

If it feels too short, you can correct that by altering where you run the gun.
    This is, I agree, true, for most, but in my case, even when using a pec hold, or even a nearly-centered-sternum hold, a Magpul stock, minus spacers, is just too short, with shotguns, if I want to aim.

Edited to add: Had it been more important, to stick with the 870. I might have worked with the Magpul stock longer, and perhaps tried some mods, but, I knew that my aging eyes really liked the bold-pattern open sights on the Benelli M2 Tactical barrel, and I wanted to sample that Comfort-Tech stock. I had really liked the HK/Benelli M1 Super 90, that I had used in the early Nineties, except for the brutal stock. It was good to come home, to Benelli.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-26-2021 at 11:39 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List