Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advantage Arms .22 Glock slide: what ammo?

My old Gen 3 sets (17 and 19) would run with Golden Bullet and the 19 (but not the 17) ran ok with Fed Automatch, and nothing else I tried over the years. There are probably some other brands with enough initial pressure (or whatever it takes) to run those things, I just never discovered them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Was in the fitted plastic case or a bag? The early ones had a plastic clamshell with red fitted foam. Mine was one of the very early ones.

I don't remember mine having white outline letters on the slide either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Mine has the plastic clamshell case.
    Yep, plastic case here too.

That’s actually the case to the left in the photo.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I have the AA kit that is dedicated to the G22 frame. It has run well with the Remington Golden Bullet and anything CCI standard velocity.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    I've had good luck with Mini Mags, Golden Bullets and Auto Match with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've had good luck with Mini Mags, Golden Bullets and Auto Match with mine.
    Pull out your owner's manual for your AA. I didn't verify so my memory could be off but I think it actually said in my manual Remington Golden or CCI Mini-mag as recommended from the manufacturer.

I've had mine for years too. Havent' shot it recently, but when I see ammo that use to cost $7.99 a box going for $40 it might come out of retirement sooner than later.

Hammertime
    I have not had great luck with my AA kits. The G44 put them totally out of the picture for me.

But yeah: Minimags or amazingly Golden Bullets (which choke almost every other .22)

Since so e of y’all were reminiscing about vintageness and referencing the manual, I thought I’d post a few more pics.

Clamshell case with red foam. Apparently I also replaced the adjustable rear sight with something more tacticaller and installed a fiber optic front.
    Name:  8C2F943C-4072-41A4-8EDA-04AC6EB31C55.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  31.3 KB

The only reference I could find to ammo in my manual.
    Name:  34FEE234-208F-463A-AE7F-975B4E0EAA40.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  55.6 KB

Spare parts price list for amusement.
    Name:  7136EF63-5F60-46A2-928A-4C8A51F4D1DF.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  43.1 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    The ones I've had in the past loved Remington Golden Bullets, Remington Thunderbolts, and worked well with the Remington subsonic you have pictured. It also worked well with most high velocity CCI stuff but it choked on anything Federal or Winchester.
    I was just shooting my G19 AA kit Sunday. Pretty much mirrors your kit's preference. Choked HARD on Federal plated high vel hollowpoints. It's all run CCI minimags well.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Since so e of y’all were reminiscing about vintageness and referencing the manual, I thought I’d post a few more pics.

Clamshell case with red foam. Apparently I also replaced the adjustable rear sight with something more tacticaller and installed a fiber optic front.

The only reference I could find to ammo in my manual.

Spare parts price list for amusement.
    My clamshell is Black, the red foam is nicely fitted for the slide, cleaning, rod, lube, patches.

From what's been discussed there were apparently several versions available before the Glock Gen 4 required a new version.

I haven't seen anybody mention CCI Blazers. I run mine on Blazers exclusively and if it's got lube it runs pretty much a 100%.
    If you try and light lube it like you would (and should) a Glock it will choke like a Mofo.

One other thing is that I bought a taller FO Front Sight from Ameriglo and really dig that sight picture now. I left the Glock adjustable rear on the gun and blacked it out with a Sharpie and I put the next size up front from the factory height after I bought the factory front height and it shot way high even with the rear cranked all the way down. The sight that worker was a .180 height I think. It's a fun & super light unit and I carry mine all the time on the trail to plink with: that is if I can pry it outta my Kid's hands. That kid goes through ammo like Battlefield Las Vegas.

User Tag List