Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advantage Arms .22 Glock slide: what ammo?

Site Supporter
    Start with the Mini Mag and the SV.

I've had my AA conversion on a dedicated frame forever. I try to stay with copper clad rounds and have found, like others that Golden Bullets work pretty darned good.

My wife's Glock 44 gobbles Sig bulk pack 40gr, but it FTExtracts in my AA pistol.

During the last panic I bought up all the 22lr that I could at less than $0.10 a round. Primarily focused on CCI Mini-mag 36gr, CCI AR Tactical, 40gr, Federal Auto Match 36gr (not copper plated) and Remington Golden Bullets. All function pretty well in everything I shoot including CMMG conversions and the AA conversion.

On my AA I keep several extractors and springs on hand. I have modified extractors to lessen extractor bump when the slide goes into battery, but found that polishing the feed ramp and keeping the chamber clean are the biggest helps to keeping the system functioning. About 6 months ago I switched to Cherry Balmz Rimfire Remedy for lubrication, it seemed to do okay.

Here's what AI has to say:

Over the years CCI 40 grain round nose MiniMags have proven to be the most consistent and reliable brand of ammo. Other brands tend to vary from one production run to the next, they may work fine one time, however, the next time you buy them you start experiencing feeding and cycling problems. If this happens, it’s more likely the ammo causing the problem and not the kit, in this situation you should try another brand of ammo.

Recommended Ammo for the following kits:

17-22, 19-23, 26-27, 20-21, 29-30 CCI MiniMags (40 grain round nose not hollow points)
    Remington Golden Bullets 550/525 Round Bonus Back
    CCI Blazers

NOT Recommended:

CCI MiniMag hollow points
    All Winchester ammo
    All Federal ammo
    Remington Thunderbolts
    CCI Stinger or any other hyper velocity ammo

Note:

The Remington Golden Bullets work quite well, however, you will get more light strikes and inconsistent loads than with the other recommended ammo.

My experience with Federal Auto Match apparently isn't the norm.

ETA: I got interrupted in making this post, about a 4 to 6 hour break, sorry if it's no longer relevant.

I've had success with a 19.4 LE kit, with Auto Match and light lube.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I've had one for awhile.

Runs great with anything I feed it (much more reliable then the 10/22.)

-Federal Bulk Pack 525's
    -CCI mini mags
    -Disgusting, shit tier Armscor

I wipe mine clean with Baby Wipes, then put CLP on the rails and especially on the sliding ejector thing built into the side of the slide.

In hindsight given this crisis, I regret not buying a lot more .22lr...

How “forever” ?

I have one I bought probably 15 years ago. It needs ample lube but eats Remmy Golden Bullets like John Pinette at a Chinese Buffet. The GB is what the manual suggested at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    How “forever” ?

I have one I bought probably 15 years ago. It needs ample lube but eats Remmy Golden Bullets like John Pinette at a Chinese Buffet. The GB is what the manual suggested at the time.
    Not sure really. Has to be at least ten years old. Could be as old as yours.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Not sure really. Has to be at least ten years old. Could be as old as yours.
    Was in the fitted plastic case or a bag? The early ones had a plastic clamshell with red fitted foam. Mine was one of the very early ones.

I don't remember mine having white outline letters on the slide either.

Mine has the plastic clamshell case.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Mine was most successful with Mini-Mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    How “forever” ?

I'm probably at 8-10 years as my instruction sheet says not for Gen 4's, it's also a plastic clamshell box, not the pouch. Mine is marked Coeur d'Alene, ID, I've seen others marked Valencia, CA, I'd assume they are older.

My manual recommended the GB's last and noted you'd get sporadic misfires and varying velocity/accuracy. It also recommends Federal Auto Match but not other Federal ammo.

I've always kept mine cleaned and lubed and it eats the GB's just fine. The Cherry Balmz Rimfire Remedy was one part of a starter/sample pack I got, it is one that I'll probably stick with.
    Last edited by DDTSGM; 01-24-2021 at 04:21 PM.

User Tag List