Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advantage Arms .22 Glock slide: what ammo?

Advantage Arms .22 Glock slide: what ammo?

I’ve had this thing forever but I’m not sure I ever shot it before today. I put 6 rounds of the pictured ammo though it and other than the first round failing to cycle and the last failing to lock it open, they did fine.

Name:  6A1CC3A3-77A5-4C25-8C20-596801630109.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  41.4 KB

Wondering what ammo those that have this slide would suggest? Particularly if it’s something I can still buy now, or that you see in this ammo can.

Name:  EA30436D-4A13-4313-808B-B2385CBBA31E.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  53.8 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I have very few rounds through my advantage arms upper but it seems great:

CCI mini mag 40gr 70 N/A
    Aguila 38gr CPHP 20 first mag FT-fire x3, second mag was fine
    Rem Golden bullet CPHP 20 N/A
    CCI Std velocity 40gr LRN 50 FT-feed x1 on first mag, then fine for next 4 mags
    CCI mini mag 36gr CPHP 40 N/A
    CCI mini mag 40gr CPRN 20 N/A
    Rem Golden bullet CPHP 20 N/A
    Rem Golden bullet CPHP 40 N/A

The ones I've had in the past loved Remington Golden Bullets, Remington Thunderbolts, and worked well with the Remington subsonic you have pictured. It also worked well with most high velocity CCI stuff but it choked on anything Federal or Winchester.

Mine likes CCI Standard Velocity and the old Winchester Dyne-Point bulk pack. Pretty much any 40-grain standard or HV round will function as long as the frame rails have some lube.

The one I used to have (early 2000's version) worked well with Remington Golden, okay with Automatch, not that great with much else I tried.

If you’re sitting on a lot of that ammo, maybe a weaker spring would make function better.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I have a TacSol so maybe not apples to apples but it definitely prefers to be wet and loaded with hotter ammo, though not "hyper velocity". The Remington Yellow Jackets and CCI Mini Mags have worked very well.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I have a TacSol so maybe not apples to apples but it definitely prefers to be wet and loaded with hotter ammo, though not "hyper velocity". The Remington Yellow Jackets and CCI Mini Mags have worked very well.
    Yeah, definitely use lots of a lighter lube.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter

Advantage Arms .22 Glock slide: what ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    How accurate is the TacSol? My AA is okay but not a match gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    How accurate is the TacSol? My AA is okay but not a match gun.
    I haven't benched it nor do I shoot many 25yd groups with it but it more than does its part if I do mine. I have no complaints on accuracy or reliability if I keep it lubed and feed it suitable ammo. It'll stack rounds at 7-10yds.

User Tag List