Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Arcteryx lands big endorsement

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I would go with Lowa, German brand, subsidiary of Tecnica Group, which is Italian. They like to claim their boots are all made in Europe, and the TF line is their tactical stuff that seems to have a good following.
    Sidebar: I just got my wife a pair of Lowas and she loves them. Seems like good stuff, too.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Now that Kuiu has expanded their solid-color offerings I need to check them out; especially if it’s similar in fit to my dead bird stuff, which I love.

Since we’re dropping names I’ll have to give a thumbs up to Stone Glacier’s outerwear, it’s awesome but not domestic.

On the USA-side, I have some merino pieces from First Spear that I like, despite merino’s durability.
    I just bought a Kuiu Kutana Storm Shell to replace a 20 year old Patagonia hardshell. The Kuiu shell is excellent and has a 2-way front zipper, which is a requirement for me.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

So if a guy wanted a decent, wind-resistant, water-resistant, warmish jacket which way should he go? I have a Kuiu Kenai Ultra but it's not as wind or water-resistant as I thought it would be. The Kuiu Guide all season seems to be what I'm looking for but I would kind of prefer black if possible.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

About the only thing you can't get from the USA these days is well made denim. ]
    https://originmaine.com/durable-goods/bottom-game/

There you go. American cotton even...I haven't bought any so I guess I can't claim I know it's well made...

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I just bought a Kuiu Kutana Storm Shell to replace a 20 year old Patagonia hardshell. The Kuiu shell is excellent and has a 2-way front zipper, which is a requirement for me.

Nice!!
    Does it have underarm zippers for venting?

I have a Filson hardshell that looks a lot like that. With proper layering, it is a 10 month jacket.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Nice!!
    Does it have underarm zippers for venting?

I have a Filson hardshell that looks a lot like that. With proper layering, it is a 10 month jacket.
    Yes it does. Good pit zips.

Arcteryx lands big endorsement

DoubleTap

Site Supporter
    CF
    Great looking piece of kit.

What is the country of origin?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yes it does. Good pit zips.
    Isn't a "pit zip" what you give someone when you're in the clinch and you start running your blade, like a sewing machine, into the area under their arm?

Seems like a good teaching term for @SouthNarc

"Use your head as a third limb to lever them up and get in there and give 'em a good pit zip."

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    CF
    Great looking piece of kit.

What is the country of origin?
    Most of my Kuiu is Vietnam or Ethiopia.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List