Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcteryx lands big endorsement

Arcteryx lands big endorsement

-Name:  37928f3913e351cd169303b69cf56f87.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  77.3 KB

The Chinese high-end garment company’s share price gets a boost.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/xi-ji...093000020.html

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Ugh, I didn't realize both Arcteryx and Salomon were now China-owned.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I don't own any Arc'teryx products, but learning about Salomon, which I really really like, is a bummer. Time to try out some different brands.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I thought dead bird was still Canadian... this one hurts. China is literally buying everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I thought dead bird was still Canadian... this one hurts. China is literally buying everything.
    I mean, they're still a Canadian company. They're just not Canadian owned, but then again, they haven't been since like 2001, when they were bought out by the Salomon Group (French), which itself was owned by Adidas (German). Amer Sports (Finnish) bought the Salomon Group from Adidas in 2005, and itself was then bought by Anta (Chinese) in 2018.

Yay globalization.

But ultimately, isn't it all about "mission drives the gear train"? Not like Arc'teryx has much by way of competition if you're looking for the very best in technical outdoor wear, even if they have been on a steady decline as some purists argue since the Salomon buy-out, particularly if you're trying to get tactical shit as a civilian. Mammut, Westcomb, etc. don't have nothing in MultiCam, after all, Patagonia's stuff is generally pretty slim pickings if you're not issued it, and the likes of Beyond, Outdoor Research, Wild Things, Otte, etc. don't seem to quite reach the level that Arc'teryx offers.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 01-24-2021 at 02:15 AM.

Merrel is owned by an American investment group. Oboz is owned by a Kiwi group. There's two options, but they're all still made in Asia. Not sure about Merrel, but Oboz are made in Vietnam.

I think the only shoes made here in the USA are traditional welted sole footwear. Danner's boot line is split between Asia and the US, depending on whether it's a modern glued sole or a traditional welted construction. Ditto Allen Edmonds, the penultimate American classic and official shoe of the US President.....not even Allen Edmonds makes their glued sole options in the US, those are manufactured in the Dominican Republic.....which, hey, they're at least our neighbor and there's nothing more traditionally American of you than to embrace the Monroe Doctrine

Even Volvo is owned by a Chinese holding group these days, which is a big scandal over in Sweden. They're still made in Sweden just like before, but the Swedes learned the hard way just like everyone else about Chinese holding firm practices and now that they realize the diamond they were sold by the Chinese turned out to be a polished turd, they're trying to get out from under the deal.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Racoon View Post
    -Name:  37928f3913e351cd169303b69cf56f87.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  77.3 KB

The Chinese high-end garment company’s share price gets a boost.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/xi-ji...093000020.html
    This makes me sad. On the bright side, that jacket works well with his athletic body style.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This makes me sad. On the bright side, that jacket works well with his athletic body style.

He is hiding a pot of honey under that jacket.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Merrel is owned by an American investment group. Oboz is owned by a Kiwi group. There's two options, but they're all still made in Asia. Not sure about Merrel, but Oboz are made in Vietnam.
    I would go with Lowa, German brand, subsidiary of Tecnica Group, which is Italian. They like to claim their boots are all made in Europe, and the TF line is their tactical stuff that seems to have a good following.

I think (hope) Crispi boots are still made in Italy...

User Tag List