Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snowflake Guns of P-F

Site Supporter

The Snowflake Guns of P-F

Just as some of us are "special snowflakes", many of us have "snowflake" carry guns. Some of them are somewhat uncommon, others are uncommon in that we actually shoot them. I'll list mine, feel free to add yours.

Beretta PX4
    Walther P99C
    S&W M&P w/thumb safeties
    S&W 642 (coming up on 1k rounds)

My two favorite 9mm DA/SA guns: Beretta 92 Langdon Elite LTT Centurion, and an H&K USP Expert. They go to the range almost every trip.

Site Supporter
    My candidate is my SW 632 in 327 Mag - SS, 3 inch, comp'ed with Fiber optics. I've shot it extensively in IDPA club matches. With full power 327s, it kicks and sounds like a thunderbolt.

Some of mine in no particular order.

1) Arex Alpha 9
    2) SACS Custom Carry in .45 ACP
    3) Wilson Combat EDC X9
    4) Iver Johnson Trailsman in .22 LR. This is a blurry copy of a 2nd Series Colt Woodsman and magazines from that pistol work in it. A really great field pistol.
    5) Glock 17.3 cut to G26-length with a grip reduction with a Vicker G17.3 top end. This is my Glock carry pistol -- at least it was until I ran low on 9x19 practice ammo.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

How is a 642 a snowflake gun? That’s the baseline 38 snub, something everyone should own at least one of.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    How is a 642 a snowflake gun? That’s the baseline 38 snub, something everyone should own at least one of.
    It’s a snowflake in that the folks on P-F actually train with them as opposed to loading them and forgetting them.

Site Supporter
    Well, my 642 qualifies. Shot it in matches and took classes with it. The transfer of skills from unrealistic competition guns is an old debate. I think Karl Rehn's studies of beginners vs. advanced shooters with small guns, show that the latter are much better, indicating there is transfer.

This forum was directly responsible for both a 92D Centurion and my RS Glocks. Thanks!
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Steyr S9-A1, which has been pretty much pushed aside by a P30SKS. (It's that second "s" that makes it a snowflake. I think it stands for Schneeflocke.)

The current grab-and-go for a milk run is a Model 60-7.

The current walk-over-the-hill-into-the-orchards-with-the-dog setup is an M&P9c 2.0 with the thumb safety and a reload in a sling pack. Lots of coyotes pass through the orchards.

Name:  MDE.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  60.3 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List