Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snowflake Guns of P-F

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Here is my Hipster gun:

Attachment 66946

It is a CZ 75B Semicompact. It was only made for a year or two (I think). It is dead nuts accurate, I was high shooter at a Randy Cain class with it against much better shooters than me.
    Nice! Now I want to dig out my full-size 75Bs...

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I've always preferred "Hipster Gun," but I'll play.

SiGARMS marked P226 9mm DAK. I find the DAK guns to be effortless to shoot well, and very forgiving, plus I love the concept of the "people management" pistol. I'm more of a "flicker" than a "ride the reset" shooter, so I barely notice the long reset.

I recently lucked into a couple of new/old stock 04/05 era models, and I'm waaaaaaaaay too excited about a trigger system that everyone hates, but they'll sit in my bedside safe ironically, and you probably wouldn't get it, anyway...

Function-testing with the first one last week:
    Attachment 66943

Seller's pic of the second one, which should reach the FFL this week:
    Attachment 66945
    I had not envisioned DAK SIGs as “snowflake,” but they did not go over all that well, and folks’ eyes tend to glaze over when I describe how DAK works, so, yes, I reckon “snowflake” would apply. If DAK is our little secret, that is OK. Too bad that .40 S&W recoil energy, plus that high SIG bore axis, became too much for my aging right wrist and thumb to tolerate, for more than a few shots, but I still have my P229R DAK, which was my duty pistol from 2004 to 2011.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I have been trying to ignore the fact that 1) my book sales have been good of late and 2) Automags are supposedly shipping again.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I mean, the base gun is $3795.

But that's like going to a good restaurant and not ordering an appetizer, drinks and desert. Mags are $145 a pop. A body would need at least 3, and preferably 6. And it would be just stupid not to add the $200 presentation case, even though I would plan to shoot it. And for the sake of your heirs, who would hopefully have enough sense to realize what they've got, you'd want to also buy the bench block, challenge coin and magazine loading tool for when they take it to the auction house.

So you're looking at $4941 before FFL fees and such.

And then there's gun leather.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 02-02-2021 at 04:01 PM.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

On the other hand...

I have scads of .308 brass I could cut down to .44 AMP. So I would be....

.... SAVING MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Here is my Hipster gun:

Attachment 66946

It is a CZ 75B Semicompact. It was only made for a year or two (I think). It is dead nuts accurate, I was high shooter at a Randy Cain class with it against much better shooters than me.
    Do you know the specific CZ Model/SKU number of your pistol?

Is it aluminum frame or steel?

Magazine capacity?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I mean, the base gun is $3795.

But that's like going to a good restaurant and not ordering an appetizer, drinks and desert. Mags are $145 a pop. A body would need at least 3, and preferably 6. And it would be just stupid not to add the $200 presentation case, even though I would plan to shoot it. And for the sake of your heirs, who would hopefully have enough sense to realize what they've got, you'd want to also buy the bench block, challenge coin and magazine loading tool for when they take it to the auction house.

So you're looking at $4941 before FFL fees and such.

And then there's gun leather.
    The Caretaker at Pima Pistol Club near Tucson, AZ had one of these pistols in the early - mid 70's and I shot it a few times. Pretty cool gun. Very sensitive to variability in hand loads, but very accurate. Always thought it would be a cool pistol to hunt with.

"Hipster" gun? I guess it's a gun that is often my daily carry.

It's a CZ Shadowline 75 Compact.

No FPB, aluminum alloy frame.

14+1 capacity. Weighs 28.5 oz. empty with magazine inserted.

Has been worked over by CZ Custom in Mesa, AZ

Going to shoot it in an IDPA match tonight.

Name:  9C35F920-F23C-44F3-8290-B4CEF1BE5EAE.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  47.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Do you know the specific CZ Model/SKU number of your pistol?

Is it aluminum frame or steel?

Magazine capacity?

Thanks!
    It is a steel frame, and uses standard CZ75B magazines.

Here is a picture of the box end. I got it for a steal, I think I paid $400 out the door for it.

Name:  PXL_20210202_215406000~3.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  35.2 KB

I think the SKU is CZG91189.

Does this qualify?

User Tag List