Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snowflake Guns of P-F

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    The revolver's a Nighthawk-imported Korth, IIRC
    I think they're all fairly snowflake, though, and we're just gun nerds.

The revolver is a Korth/Nighthawk Sky Marshall (think that’s the model name). Which definitely qualifies as snowflake, and also cool. Though I didn’t realize how fairly big they were until looking at it next to an EDC X9 and a Coonan.

P99s and the PPS Classic are the only snowflake guns I’ve carried so far. A 9mm 1911 and Kahr CM9 aren’t the most common choices but I don’t think they quite rank as snowflake.

Edit: I type too slow.

Hmmm.... In the past year, I've toted a Browning Hipower, and a S&W snub Model 10 inna pocket.

In times past, I've toted a FN 1906 .25, a pair of Baby Brownings, a Colt 1903, a InterWalther PPK, and one of those plastic framed CZ 2075 compacts.

And if I could find one that worked, I'd happily tote a .25acp Velo Dog revolver as a BUG.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Colt Double Eagle in .45 ACP. It's not all that bad. The DA/SA trigger is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Hmmm.... In the past year, I've toted a Browning Hipower, and a S&W snub Model 10 inna pocket.

In times past, I've toted...a pair of Baby Brownings...
    Now we're talkin'! What did that look like?

Now I'm imagining one holster, appendix, with the second gun crossdraw, slide to slide. But I bet that wasn't it...

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Now we're talkin'! What did that look like?

Now I'm imagining one holster, appendix, with the second gun crossdraw, slide to slide. But I bet that wasn't it...
    One in the right front pocket, and one in the left. Funny enough, I was looking for a spare mag, and the LGS had one that was a touch rusty for about $130. Since I was working in a garage at the time, I was able to do a proper degrease and reblue on the slide. Sadly, I traded both away, and miss both. Though carrying a classic SFA is probably not the safest thing ever.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post

Extra snowflake points.......
    So. Much. Fucking. Win.

My personal entry is a past one, now gone - a commercial P7PSP which was my main carry gun for years and for which I used to evangelize. Maaaaybe my P99c, but that isn’t carried often.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    One in the right front pocket, and one in the left. Funny enough, I was looking for a spare mag, and the LGS had one that was a touch rusty for about $130. Since I was working in a garage at the time, I was able to do a proper degrease and reblue on the slide. Sadly, I traded both away, and miss both. Though carrying a classic SFA is probably not the safest thing ever.
    I never knew the variety! I always thought you just had that Baby Browning at one point. I used to carry a Mauser HSc as a pocket pistol (BUG and winter outer jacket gun) when I first started carrying.

It dawned on me that it'd be really bad to get into a shooting with a Third Reich stamped gun, regardless of the fact that it's still one of the best pocket pistols out there even 80 years after its heyday.

And so came into my possession the Czech made ZVI Kevin I posted earlier in the thread....another real snowflake, given it has two recoil springs, funky aesthetics, and a gas-retarded blowback design.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post

Extra snowflake points.......

First thing that went through my mind (the wife is a New Girl fan): https://youtu.be/xoAXAJ3poIE?t=123

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I never knew the variety! I always thought you just had that Baby Browning at one point. I used to carry a Mauser HSc as a pocket pistol (BUG and winter outer jacket gun) when I first started carrying.

It dawned on me that it'd be really bad to get into a shooting with a Third Reich stamped gun, regardless of the fact that it's still one of the best pocket pistols out there even 80 years after its heyday.

And so came into my possession the Czech made ZVI Kevin I posted earlier in the thread....another real snowflake, given it has two recoil springs, funky aesthetics, and a gas-retarded blowback design.
    Was your HSc a .380 or .32/7.65mm variant?

I had the use of a pre-1968 Interarms import commercial .380 that was beautifully made and finished, but was almost as unpleasant as a PPK to shoot. Never have tried the .32 variant.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List