Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brownells introducing a 1-8X MPO!

Brownells introducing a 1-8X MPO!

Here. SFP, which is fine for low magnification scopes. Japanese made. Outstanding pricepoint at $800.

Flushing out the line of Match Precision Optics (MPO) is the 1-8x24mm. Similar to the rest of the MPO line, these LPVOs are manufactured in Japan and feature the high quality optics you've come to expect from the MPO line. Fully multi-coated, edge-blackened ED Glass lenses offers great clarity and light transmission. Featuring matched MRAD reticles and turrets.

30mm Main Tube
    Low profile capped turrets
    Fogproof and waterproof
    Illuminated CQ-NOMR second focal plane reticle
    ED Lenses

The 1-8x magnification range takes over where a standard red dot leaves off, giving you fast target acquisition at 1x with the ability to max out the magnification to 8 power to take those longer shots. Maximize the utility of your AR platform rifle.

#RESIST

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Oooh this is tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Oooh this is tempting.
    I’ve been very pleased with my 5-25 MPO, I’ve got two now.
    #RESIST

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’ve been very pleased with my 5-25 MPO, I’ve got two now.
    My fun budget is tapped for now but I may revisit this later. Have a Viper PST 2 1-6 that I like but could stand to be improved on a 16" w/ bipod. This would be the perfect replacement.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Eager to see how this pans out. I have a Strike Eagle that I bought as a “proof of concept “ placeholder but wouldn’t mind upgrading to something a little better. I’m hoping that they can get sufficient brightness in the illumination to allow it to be used as a red dot at low power, which is something lacking in most of the lower priced LPVOs I’ve looked at, especially 2nd plane optics.

SFP. 8x. Fail.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    SFP. 8x. Fail.
    Out of ignorance - why?

Brownells introducing a 1-8X MPO!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Out of ignorance - why?
    The reticle is only scaled at full 8x. With a 1-4, maybe you’re ok to dial all the way up to use elevation and wind holds. But for a 1-8x that’s too limiting IMO. Add to that the optical tradeoffs of a 8x zoom, and it looks like a fail to me, without even looking through it.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The reticle is only scaled at full 8x. With a 1-4, maybe you’re ok to dial all the way up to use elevation and wind holds. But for a 1-8x that’s too limiting IMO. Add to that the optical tradeoffs of a 8x zoom, and it looks like a fail to me, without even looking through it.
    What Clusterfrack is trying to say...

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...rod133925.aspx
    #RESIST

Im digging the reticle. I could do without the top stadia for more of a #4 vibe, but I'm happy it's just mills and I like the double line. Reminds me of the hollow NF Mil Dot reticle.

SFP isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me. My current 1-6.5 is SFP and doesn't bother me. Only time I'm cranking to max is past 300 yards, and up to 300 I don't need a calibrated BDC anyways.

The killer for me is the weight. I'd rather have a <20oz 1-6 than add 6oz for another 2x mag.

User Tag List