Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Gamers Thread - (No Spawn Camping)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    What's your username on PSN? I'm Bigghoss556. I haven't played GTA online in a while but I would if I had people to play with.

I used to be a PC gamer once upon a time. Rainbow 6, Delta Force, and Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics. Anymore I'm mostly on console. Right now I'm playing Snowrunner but I love Fallout, GTA, Borderlands, and Metal Gear Solid.
    Excellent choices in console games. All among my favorite series. RevolverRob is me on PSN.

If you haven't played in a long time GTAO has gotten extreme. Like I hadn't played it for...like five years until late last year when I finally bought a PS4. So it was a pretty radical shift (at first). But if you played in the last ~6-months they dropped a new Heist back in December that is a whole separate island and can be done solo, in addition to with other folks. It's actually a lot more fun now that there is a solo heist you can do. I admit, I mostly play closed friend sessions. I hate the children in GTAO public lobbies.

-

Folks can talk about whatever games they want in here, from pen and paper, video games, even...Magic the Gathering...

-

If I hit the powerball racing sim: https://www.simcraft.com/professiona...-full-service/

Much more likely: https://dofreality.com/#h6 - Which since iRacing now incorporates VR headset tech, will make for an even more immersive experience.

I know what you're thinking, "Dude, 4k buys a lot of tires and gas for real racing."

And that is true...but it doesn't increase the schedule of events, make the events any closer, or reduce your risk of death due to a crash...

Which isn't to say you shouldn't also drive your car on the track too...this just gets you even more racing bang for your buck in addition to your track car.

I started playing on the old Atari system, games like Warlord, Battlezone, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Pong and [/i]Combat.[/i] There were others, but I don't recall the titles.

Also played a couple of games on a Commodore 64 and the competing Atari. One was a type of battle chess. When a piece moved to take another piece, you and your opponent used those pieces to battle it out. Another was M.U.L.E., a kind of space age Monopoly. You bought squares, started mining, had to buy & sell and survive random meteor showers.

First PC game was Doom. Also had Quake, Duke Nuke'm, Command & Conquer, Red Alert, Red Alert 2, X-Com and Syndicate. These are the games I played the most. Didn't play online as I got tired of dealing with Jerkmillers and slow connections.

I didn't play game consoles after the Atari. Whoever laid out the controls for game consoles was a spastic idiot.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Exclamation

I had a Pong console as a kid and then a handheld electronic football game. It's in a box somewhere around here.

Arcade games got popular and I put quite a few quarters into Space Invaders and Pole Position.

A friend got a VIC 20 and then a I got a Commodore 64. I mostly played Pole Position on my C64. I put them aside for a couple years and then bought a PC. The first game I bought was Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, then Microsoft Flight Simulator and Road Rash. Doom and Quake were next, then Unreal Tournament and I spent way to much time playing them.

My boys got a Playstation and one of my all time favorites was Desert Storm. Black was another good one. Once in a while I will fire it up and play.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Never had a console. Never played against other people, only the computer. I'm old enough to appreciate the 1.44Mb 3.5" disks that would let you copy the entire WOLF3D VSWAP file onto one of them. Before that it was a game you had to buy. After that everybody had it. After that Doom and ROTT and I was out of college and done playing. Before Wolfenstein, Scorched Earth was fun (Scorch.exe) and so was the original Duke Nukem. I think there was another FPS called Catacombs or something like that which was around at the same time. And then Star Control II was out earlier on also (Starcon2.exe). I think ROTT was my favorite ever FPS game. The flamethrower was good times.

I hate board games and card games of any type. I've never understood the attraction. I get bored and cheat almost immediately. Especially UNO. My victories are numerous but always tainted, to the point that when I'm closely watched and therefore forced to win honestly, my friends still don't believe it was 100% luck / skill. Serious people who get butthurt over games refuse to play with me.

ETA: Nearly forgot Spear of Destiny!
    Last edited by Welder; 01-23-2021 at 12:44 AM.

Site Supporter
    I'm a huge Sid Meyer fan, Civ obviously, but also (perhaps moreso) Colonization, Alpha Centaur, and Pirates. Anything Fallout is top of my list (although the online only nature of '76 and tons of bad reviews from trusted sources made me skip that one). Played the crap out of the old 90s TIE Fighter PC game. Really enjoyed the X-com games as well.

I don’t get to play as much these days. Busy with work and family stuff. When I play video games I tend to want to do if for a few hours, but thats not really available in my schedule these days with the frequency that is conducive to playing games.

I have played my share of table top games. 40k, Warhammer Fantasy Battles, War Machine, X-wing, and a few other minor ones. Like video games, there's not nearly as much time available for these as in my youth.

I gotta' know.. WTF is "spawn camping"

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I gotta' know.. WTF is "spawn camping"
    When you're playing online against other people and hang out near respawn points to kill people right when they respawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    When you're playing online against other people and hang out near respawn points to kill people right when they respawn.
    Ok.. I'm probably the only 50 y.o. guy here that really has never played a video game since Duck Hunter on Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Ok.. I'm probably the only 50 y.o. guy here that really has never played a video game since Duck Hunter on Nintendo.
    Why no one makes gun controllers and those types of shooting games anymore is beyond me. You'd think with all the dryfire systems on the market someone would do something that works on a console.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Casual gamer now. The Far Cry series is by “Far” my favorite. Back when FC3 was the latest, I found myself up till 4:00 in the morning playing Co-Op. Wound up with a pretty good team with me from the US, a guy from Germany, a lady from Romania, and a few random other players, and at times my brother.

User Tag List