Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: The Gaming Gamers Thread - (No Spawn Camping)

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Has anyone tried the new "Star Wars Jedi: Survivor"? I wanted to love "Fallen Order", but it was such a technical train wreck that I couldn't finish it. Early reviews are sounding like this one also has major issues.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Has anyone tried the new "Star Wars Jedi: Survivor"? I wanted to love "Fallen Order", but it was such a technical train wreck that I couldn't finish it. Early reviews are sounding like this one also has major issues.
    I started it last night, played about an hour. After the reports of terrible PC performance I went with PS5. It looked really good on my Samsung S95B and played smooth from the time I put into it so far, sound design is well done too, lightsaber sounds and impacts are great through my Sennheisers. Only issue I noticed were some frame dips during action heavy cutscenes on quality mode vs performance.

One aspect I absolutely love is that it doesn’t follow the traditional “oh no I lost all my gear and skills, time to start over” that most games pull and you start pretty much where you left off on Fallen Order.

I enjoyed Fallen Order when I played it on PC but I waited a long time for a sale so I assume any issues were handled when I jumped in, I got 100% completion.

I have been playing Atomic Heart. https://store.steampowered.com/app/668580/Atomic_Heart/ It is a Russian shooter that manages to simultaneously be fun, frustrating, and absolutely bizarre. I could never adequately cover all the weirdness (like the Hitler-like mustachioed 'male' robots), but it is entertaining for sure.

I don't know how available mind altering drugs are in Russia, but the writers of this game have found some. They also seem to have a strange erotic obsession with robots.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Very cool thing released just recently folks in this thread might be interested in: First Person Shooter: The Definitive FPS Documentary. I picked up the digital bundle when it was on pre-order.

At four and a half hours long, it's four and a half hours long, with 99% of that time spent on the games themselves. There's some amusing anecdotes here and there, but no time is wasted talking about parental controversy, government oversight, industry personality clashes, et cetera. The breadth is impressive - you will occasionally find yourself saying, "They're not going to talk about _____?!", but that's a minor quibble relative to what they do cover.

They start at the origin of the concept, trace the evolution of gameplay mechanics and technology, and interview dozens of notable people along the way. Easily worth $25 - as soon as I finished it, I just wanted to go back and watch it again, and my Steam library has grown by more than one game already.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

^ Back when G4TV was still good, I used to love watching "Icons" about the history of games and their designers. Some of the early game development history is pretty fascinating

It feels like there hasn't been much worth playing for a few years, but now everything I am interested in is coming out at once

Just wrapped up Jedi Survivor last week after waiting for it to get patched up a bit. It still has some texture and minor performance issues, but nothing game breaking. I did not enjoy it as much as Fallen Order, but it had it's moments.

Of Course MW2 finally adds a 2011 to multiplayer and with the option to make it proper race gun....

About half way through my second play through of Armored Core 6. I have been playing (and sucking at) AC games since the PS2 era. I have been waiting for years to get any kind of decent mech game to play. The only issue I am having is forcing myself to rush though it before Starfield releases tomorrow and consumes the rest of my summer

After that maybe Diablo 4 or better yet if Baldur's Gate 3 makes it to Xbox before then end of the year.

User Tag List