Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Gamers Thread - (No Spawn Camping)

The Gaming Gamers Thread - (No Spawn Camping)

Short rules - No fucking Console vs. PC gaming debates, because that's dumb and this is P-F. Let's focus on games, new, old, bad, good, MMO, single-player, history, tactics, improvements, etc.

Hi, I'm Rob and I am a gamer nerd. I currently have a massive console collection going back to Atari 2600 all the way up to PS4. I've also done a lot of PC gaming in the past, but not really lately, I kind of got tired of trying to keep up with the Joneses in terms of hardware to play the latest and greatest.

___

Currently Playing most regularly:

Grand Theft Auto Online (PS4)
    Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (iOS)

Gaming Wants:

To build a multi-axis racing simulator and get in on some iRacing Leagues.

Site Supporter
    The only game I play semi-regularly is TF2. If anyone is inclined, we could maybe take over a public server somewhere and have a PF free-for-all.

Once upon a time I had a Quake server at my office where a bunch of use would have deathmatches after work (and sometimes a bit before work officially ended). That was 22 years and two companies ago, so I guess it's safe to admit that.

Chris

Hi, I'm Guerrero, and I'm a (semi-retired) gamer. I've played pretty much exclusively PC for the last 25 years

...because PC's are just better.

Ok, the real reason? I can't make my thumbs do that game pad thing.

Right now I'm only playing

Terraria (and have been for over 8 years)
    FTL: Faster Than Light

...although I did recently buy Halo: The Master Chief Collection (the original Halo is my favorite shooter). I can't wait to give that a spin, but real life gets in the way.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

You might change the title to computer games, unless you want to include discussions on Warhammer40K, chess, and that ultimate fist fight starter-chutes and Ladders.

I have been a gamer for a long time...Played dark age of camelot (a online mmo) for over 20 years. My brother and I used to play together since we were about 7 (me) and he was 10. Since he passed away five years ago I haven't gotten into it. Recently I have been playing shooters with guys I served with (COD series) and games like PUBG.

I have also been enjoying DOTA underlords on my phone.. fun little game to pass the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    You might change the title to computer games, unless you want to include discussions on Warhammer40K, chess, and that ultimate fist fight starter-chutes and Ladders.
    I'd be happy to go there. You should see the cutthroat games of Clue Master Detective in our house. And I'd love to get my Armor Grid (Battletech replacement for me) on.

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Monopoly and Scrabble are forever banned in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Monopoly and Scrabble are forever banned in our house.
    Monopoly is just a bad game. I don't know why anyone plays it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Monopoly is just a bad game. I don't know why anyone plays it.
    If you ever want to sort the adults from the man-children it is the game to play.

Oh how you will sort out the whiners from the winners. Of course...you'll create a shit ton of butthurt, angst, and outright anger in the process too.

For the record, it is banned in my house, because someone, who shall remain nameless but is probably posting in this thread, usually plays the banker and embezzles from the bank. Because said person, who shall remain nameless but has often been called a dick, likes Monopoly to mimic real-life.

I miss WWII air combat sims. They haven't been a "thing" for many years.

User Tag List