Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Gamers Thread - (No Spawn Camping)

I am very much enjoying the new resident evil. Its definitely more action oriented than 7 but I'm cool with it.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Mass Effect Legendary Edition is out. I would be tempted to give that a try except my wife and I finished 'Mass Effect 3' back in February and have not been so disappointed in the ending of something since 'The Sopranos'. I think I'll stick with replaying 'Mass Effect 2' for the... -th time.
    Its been a few years since I played 3, but I found that If I viewed the entire game as the ending it was much more satisfying then focusing on the final 10 minutes. I plan to get the new edition when the price comes down a bit, getting tired of paying full price essentially for game/s I already own.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I was supposed to play ASL face-to-face with a friend this weekend. Round trip to and from his house is about 100 miles, and with the gas shortage, we decided to play VASL instead.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Chainmail. Nice.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Started playing warzone (battle royal/ Hunger games for you non gamers) a few weeks ago for the first time despite having MW since launch. I just got my 3rd solo "win" today. It was truly majestic.

The final few circles went to Train Station and I was able to tactically hold the roof as the circle moved across it. I popped a UAV and sure enough about 6 people were inside below me. One person tried to push me but was no match for my ground loot bullfrog(Bizon smg) and was kind enough to drop a gas mask for me. At the last edge I held for as long as I could hearing someone coughing in the gas below me that I could not locate. I finally decided jump off the roof and for some reason I forgot how to open my parachute and splatted to the ground (with 5 spectators of course). I was able to self revive just as my pilfered gas mask broke and made it out of the gas with a sliver of health. As I frantically tried to find cover and plate up the victory banner appeared on my screen. I never got a chance to see the player count, but at least one person had trapped themselves in the building and gassed out leaving me to my most embarrassing victory so far.
    Sometimes the gas is your best friend. Having a good spot and letting the other guys fight it works too
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Last call before they get File 13’d...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Oh man where to even begin with a thread like this.

I've been an avid gamer for as long as I can remember. Started off playing Super Mario Bros on the classic Nintendo then went to Zelda, and the list grew exponentially from there. We had a shared classic Nintendo which and Super Nintendo, then I got a Sega and played Sonic forever. I also at some point got into PC gaming, playing classic Air Warrior (ww2 flight sim) and Star Wars Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight.

Then came the N64 and of course Super Mario 64. I put so much time in that game but never got all 120 stars but still had plenty of fun with it. Spent many a sleepover playing Goldeneye with friends as well as Perfect Dark (very similar game to Goldeneye). Also had Star Wars Rogue Squadron and played that to no end. Played with the Playstation and my main games there were Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Spider Man. After that the PS2 came along and I played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 endlessly. I also had an XBox and started in on the Halo series on the second game (still haven't played the original). Also had a Nintendo Game Cube and played the additional Rogue Squadron games as well as Super Smash Brothers Melee.

At this point I was starting to lean more towards PC gaming where my go-to was Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast and then Jedi Academy. I also got very very heavily in to Star Wars Galaxies, which was my first MMORPG adventure. I put many months worth of hours into that game and played from launch til just before the plug got pulled. The combat upgrade was bearable, the NGE ruined it for a lot of folks but I was still into it primarily because it was Star Wars (I'm a huge damn Star Wars nerd in general). I would bounce back and forth between PC and console depending on what floated my boat at the time. Family got a PS3 and I only ever really played the Uncharted games, which are probably some of the best story-driven games I've played to date. Played Star Wars The Force Unleashed 1 and 2 on XBox 360 as well as Halo 3. The PS3 and XBox 360 were the last consoles I really put much time into before switching primarily more to PC gaming what with my focus on Star Wars Galaxies and I also played some of DC Universe Online and a game called Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. Vanguard was another favorite MMO of mine in how unique each of the classes were in their combat utilities and what their specialties were.

After SWG lost its appeal to me I went and played (and sometimes still play) Star Wars The Old Republic. I've had points where I've played the popular FPS games on PC like the original Modern Warfare up through 3 (I played campaign, didn't ever go online because I had heard plenty about how toxic it was). I played Battlefield 2, 3 and 4. I put the most time in to Battlefield 2 and eventually got hooked on the Project Reality mod. From PR I went to playing Arma 2 for a bit, switched back because my computer at the time couldn't handle it as well. Eventually upgraded computer a bit which lasted me for quite some time and played more Arma 2 and more Project Reality. My fondness for Project Reality pulled me in to playing Squad, which I still put some time in to. When you can find a great group of players that mesh well in Squad or Project Reality, the amount of fun you can have and effectiveness of your team can be amazing.

Anyway yeah, I'm sure I've forgotten something but I still do game occasionally in SWTOR, Squad and Star Wars Battlefront 2. I played Cyberpunk 2077 a decent bit but haven't felt like completing it just because I ended up finding it somewhat boring and unpolished.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

@HCountyGuy

BF2:Project Reality was amazing. This is actually pretty exciting to meet someone else who played it; the community was very small. I wasn't in a clan or anything, but mostly played with TOG.....would go to PRWars' or TG's servers only if TOG was unpopulated.

Something that will likely never be replicated again. I tried Squad, but it doesn't hold a candle to PR. The maps, the team play, the creativity with the classes/kits, the heavy penalization for losing equipment, etc. It all came together very well. What a unique game, when sometimes you couldn't even find someone to pilot helicopters because they were so hard to fly and if you crashed, you really put the team in a bind and you would get kicked if it was clear you were out of your league....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @HCountyGuy

BF2:Project Reality was amazing. This is actually pretty exciting to meet someone else who played it; the community was very small. I wasn't in a clan or anything, but mostly played with TOG.....would go to PRWars' or TG's servers only if TOG was unpopulated.

Something that will likely never be replicated again. I tried Squad, but it doesn't hold a candle to PR. The maps, the team play, the creativity with the classes/kits, the heavy penalization for losing equipment, etc. It all came together very well. What a unique game, when sometimes you couldn't even find someone to pilot helicopters because they were so hard to fly and if you crashed, you really put the team in a bind and you would get kicked if it was clear you were out of your league....
    They’ve made some improvements with Squad to get it closer to a PR feel, and some of the modded content is good. It does seem like many in the community aren’t as teamwork oriented though. But when you find a good squad that works together well, it makes it so enjoyable. The one thing I just absolutely could not stand with PR was the deviation mechanics. When I could hold still, fire a shot and then the next shot hit 20ft off to the side in a point blank firefight it was frustrating.

As for flying I was pretty good at it but I NEED a joystick. I cannot for the life of me fly by mouse and keyboard. I had a
    Logitech X52 that I think I ended up wearing out.

I can’t remember what servers I used to play on.

ETA: Actually I remember one of the servers as being HOG.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 05-29-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List