Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Pinky Toes

Broken Pinky Toes

I manage to stub my pinky toe at least once a year. Well today I was an idiot and didn't have shoes on in my home gym. Managed to stub my right pinky toe on a weight rack, instantly knew I broke it. It is swollen, bruised, etc.

Anyone else manage to mess up their pinky toes like me?

No 🙃
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I've done it once before, many years ago. I got lucky, it wasn't misaligned, and just required taping it to the other toe. There is a risk that the pieces aren't aligned, and it won't heal properly. Did you get it x-rayed?

Many years ago, Mum got her bare foot stomped by a horse, and ended up with a pretty nasty compound facture on her little toe.
    After she got out of the hospital with a nice little wire sticking out, she managed to snub it on an ottoman, and *BAM*- hit the ground in a dead faint.

Happily, it didn't require a return trip to surgery.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I've done it once before, many years ago. I got lucky, it wasn't misaligned, and just required taping it to the other toe. There is a risk that the pieces aren't aligned, and it won't heal properly. Did you get it x-rayed?
    VA doesn't open up until Tuesday, so itll be a few days but thats the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    VA doesn't open up until Tuesday, so itll be a few days but thats the plan.
    Won't they cover a visit to an urgent care?

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Won't they cover a visit to an urgent care?
    Urgent cares are closed as well. ER is the only option and they can be iffy about approving those if they think you could wait or make it to a VA hospital emergency room (closest is 2 hours away)

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Urgent cares are closed as well. ER is the only option and they can be iffy about approving those if they think you could wait or make it to a VA hospital emergency room (closest is 2 hours away)
    The VA sucks.

My right pinky toe is basically crippled—I can only move it slightly both when I curl or splay my toes. I stubbed mine on the corner of a couch. Doesn’t affect my day-to-day in any way.

It did allow me to carry on an odd family tradition. I have one other lawyer in my extended family, and we’ve both gone to court in suits and sneakers. Him because it was the only pair of shoes he had after a house fire, me because I didn’t want to walk the several blocks from the office to the courthouse in dress shoes.

Buddy tape it to its neighbor, ice, ibuprofen, elevation, and rest. Not much else you can do beyond that.

Site Supporter
    I am not a doctor, but my understanding is that bones start to heal within 4 hours. Although a couple of days might be okay, getting a fracture looked at, lined up properly, and held in proper alignment as soon as possible is best.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List