Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Gamers Thread - (No Spawn Camping)

Shooting, and books, and meeting women all rank more highly to me than gaming, but seeing what's out there for VR flight sims is wild and stimulating. I've seen a couple of YouTube videos on DCS, and the fidelity of these games rocks.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Yep. Playing Half Life Alyx and having to actually squat down in order to get through holes in the wall was definitely a cool experience. Unfortunately, they didn't model gun reloading using slide release. You were forced to slingshot your game controllers when reloading!

Been planning out my next PC, CPU/GPU availability aside, my 2015 Corsair K70 RGB keyboard recently had one of the Cherry MX Red switches die on me, so after some research I've found myself sucked down a rabbit hole of custom keyboards.

After a few weeks, and deciding it's a small price increase to get exactly what I want over an off the shelf "gaming" keyboard, I ordered the parts.

Used a bunch of parts from KBDfans, aluminum case, brass top plate, pcb foam, case foam, spacebar foam, stabilizer foam(with Durock V2 Stabilizers), and a hotswap PCB. The case offers a recess for a battery if you do a wireless build, so I used a 1:1 silicone to fill the void to give a flush surface for the PCB and to further dampen sound and add weight. Used some Gateron SMD Yellow linear switches, that I opened, lubed the housings, oiled the springs, and reassembled with a film(reduces movement between the housing tops and bottoms). Then used a key cap set that Razer offers as an upgrade for their keyboard lineup made of PBT to offer a better texture that won't wear off into the common greasy polished ABS keys.

The firmware is customizable with up to 12 layers, so installed a default with fn layer for F keys, and another layer for the RGB effects, hue, saturation, mode, brightness, etc.

Super happy with the typing experience, very smooth and quiet, and now I've got some more desk space having gone with a 60% build.

Total weight comes in at 1275g, so just under 3lbs.

Only played some Fortnite with the kid with it so far. Trying to get ready for some new releases, cannot wait for Diablo 2 Resurrected

Last edited by t1tan; 03-23-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Do I get any reflected cool kid points for having a step kid who is an engine developer for Epic? If not, I got nuttin.
    As someone who might have a mild Fortnite addiction, I’m not sure if I want to thank said kid or punch him in the nose...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Started playing warzone (battle royal/ Hunger games for you non gamers) a few weeks ago for the first time despite having MW since launch. I just got my 3rd solo "win" today. It was truly majestic.

The final few circles went to Train Station and I was able to tactically hold the roof as the circle moved across it. I popped a UAV and sure enough about 6 people were inside below me. One person tried to push me but was no match for my ground loot bullfrog(Bizon smg) and was kind enough to drop a gas mask for me. At the last edge I held for as long as I could hearing someone coughing in the gas below me that I could not locate. I finally decided jump off the roof and for some reason I forgot how to open my parachute and splatted to the ground (with 5 spectators of course). I was able to self revive just as my pilfered gas mask broke and made it out of the gas with a sliver of health. As I frantically tried to find cover and plate up the victory banner appeared on my screen. I never got a chance to see the player count, but at least one person had trapped themselves in the building and gassed out leaving me to my most embarrassing victory so far.

I'm really excited for the new resident evil comming out next month as well as back 4 blood.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    As someone who might have a mild Fortnite addiction, I’m not sure if I want to thank said kid or punch him in the nose...
    Man, I tried Fortnite, and I just couldn't like it. The fact that someone who you are actively shooting can initiate building a wall to block the bullets and have it actually work just makes me angry.

Currently dipping my toes back into Destiny 2 and Elite: Dangerous to see if either one is worth investing in for the expansions. I like Destiny because their guns are satisfying and I really like co-op shooters, but E's ship design has gotten incredibly deep. Ultimately, though, E is in that spiral of "grind this activity until you have the best equipment for it, and then stop playing". But it's kinda fun while doing so.

The Nemesis expansion for Paradox's Stellaris comes out in a couple weeks. Coinflip on whether it'll be good, but I'll probably buy it the next time I'm really bored.

Valheim, if you have not played it, really is amazing. It's got this sort've vanilla WoW atmosphere, minus the MMO aspect, but plus survival games, and minus everything that's irritating about survival games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Valheim, if you have not played it, really is amazing. It's got this sort've vanilla WoW atmosphere, minus the MMO aspect, but plus survival games, and minus everything that's irritating about survival games.
    You had me until "Steam"
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Mass Effect Legendary Edition is out. I would be tempted to give that a try except my wife and I finished 'Mass Effect 3' back in February and have not been so disappointed in the ending of something since 'The Sopranos'. I think I'll stick with replaying 'Mass Effect 2' for the... -th time.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List