Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Gamers Thread - (No Spawn Camping)

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    They’ve made some improvements with Squad to get it closer to a PR feel, and some of the modded content is good. It does seem like many in the community aren’t as teamwork oriented though. But when you find a good squad that works together well, it makes it so enjoyable. The one thing I just absolutely could not stand with PR was the deviation mechanics. When I could hold still, fire a shot and then the next shot hit 20ft off to the side in a point blank firefight it was frustrating.

As for flying I was pretty good at it but I NEED a joystick. I cannot for the life of me fly by mouse and keyboard. I had a
    Logitech X52 that I think I ended up wearing out.

I can’t remember what servers I used to play on.

ETA: Actually I remember one of the servers as being HOG.
    Sorry, yeah, it was HOG I mostly played on. Great group. Got confused with TG and HOG, created "TOG" in my own head.

Yeah, the deviation was maddening sometimes. In the grand scheme of things I was okay with it though, because it required solid tactics instead of people being able to headshot people at 300m while sprinting like in the typical action platforms.

Remember "Big Red"? I loved the creativity with the various insurgent factions. Some of those maps were gnarly, as well. Pretty much everything about the game was just superb. Man, wish I could jump back into it!
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Sorry, yeah, it was HOG I mostly played on. Great group. Got confused with TG and HOG, created "TOG" in my own head.

Yeah, the deviation was maddening sometimes. In the grand scheme of things I was okay with it though, because it required solid tactics instead of people being able to headshot people at 300m while sprinting like in the typical action platforms.

Remember "Big Red"? I loved the creativity with the various insurgent factions. Some of those maps were gnarly, as well. Pretty much everything about the game was just superb. Man, wish I could jump back into it!
    I get what you mean with the deviation. There's been plenty of times I've been laying in to somebody in Squad and all of a sudden they 180 headshot me at 100m and I'm just like "...really?". They did recently re-work revive to where you need a medic to get back to full effectiveness, so it at least encourages some recovery after getting revived vs just rushing back in until you get dropped again. Personally I'd love a re-work of the suppression mechanics to be similar to how PR's worked, because getting suppressed in PR made it so you couldn't immediately peak out and snapshot people.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't added Big Red or other bomb cars to Squad yet. Nothing more terrifying than hearing that music in your vicinity and everyone going "oh shit..."
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I need some suggestions for a "Gaming Desk".

Generally sized to hold a couple monitors (say 32"), keyboard and mouse, plus a racing wheel and foot pedal set. Budget is around $500. Black preferred. I would like an open design because I plan to lace cables using zip ties. Shelves for speakers or consoles would be a plus.

The closest I've found so far is this one at IKEA, but I could use some additional input, if anyone has bought one of these lately.

Name:  IMG_1887.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  44.8 KB

I started off with Ikea Bekant. It's fairly flexible, allows height tweaks.
    However, right now I am using standing desk (UPlift desk). I while I don't stand all the time, I like having that flexibility, plus the height adjustment is much easier to do.
    I would stay away from "gaming" desks and gaming chairs.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Generally sized to hold a couple monitors (say 32"), keyboard and mouse, plus a racing wheel and foot pedal set. Budget is around $500. Black preferred. I would like an open design because I plan to lace cables using zip ties. Shelves for speakers or consoles would be a plus.

The closest I've found so far is this one at IKEA, but I could use some additional input, if anyone has bought one of these lately.
    I don't have a suggestion for a gaming desk per se, but you might want to consider some monitor arms. Getting the monitors up and off the desk creates a ton of space that could fit speakers, consoles, et cetera. Being able to reposition monitors is helpful when you want to use peripherals, too.

Wirecutter usually has some pretty good suggestions and arms aren't terribly expensive.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I don't have a suggestion for a gaming desk per se, but you might want to consider some monitor arms. Getting the monitors up and off the desk creates a ton of space that could fit speakers, consoles, et cetera. Being able to reposition monitors is helpful when you want to use peripherals, too.

Wirecutter usually has some pretty good suggestions and arms aren't terribly expensive.
    Is a 2 x 3 array too many?

Name:  6mon.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  21.9 KB

Kidding; that's a good idea. I'll look into that.

Generally sized to hold a couple monitors (say 32"), keyboard and mouse, plus a racing wheel and foot pedal set.
    As a gaming gamer myself...my humble suggestion:

Name:  RJsPorsche.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  66.4 KB
    Name:  Directions.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  57.3 KB
    Name:  LifeHackz.JPG
Views: 235
Size:  26.9 KB

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Name:  LifeHackz.JPG
Views: 235
Size:  26.9 KB
    Name:  Capturec.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  53.8 KB

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Is a 2 x 3 array too many?

Name:  6mon.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  21.9 KB

Kidding; that's a good idea. I'll look into that.
    Dude. Where did you find this?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Dude. Where did you find this?
    https://www.cotytech.com/images/prod...6DHV2SPZ-5.jpg

User Tag List