Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Gamers Thread - (No Spawn Camping)

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Currently Playing most regularly:

Grand Theft Auto Online (PS4)
    What's your username on PSN? I'm Bigghoss556. I haven't played GTA online in a while but I would if I had people to play with.

I used to be a PC gamer once upon a time. Rainbow 6, Delta Force, and Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics. Anymore I'm mostly on console. Right now I'm playing Snowrunner but I love Fallout, GTA, Borderlands, and Metal Gear Solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    I've been playing Close Combat: The Bloody First, which is the first game in the series to use a 3D engine. It's pretty fun, and the game mechanics are good.

Used to play deathmatch a lot, starting with Doom then Quake, Quake 2, etc... I think Quake 3 Arena was the best pure deathmatch game ever produced.

Played the hell out of the Descent games back in the day.

We used to have epic Descent and Q3A battles during lunch hour in the IT dept before all game playing was banned within the company.

For single player shooters, I think Doom 2016 is the high point of shoot 'em ups. There are lots of other good games that expand on the formula (not pure shooters), but Doom is the grandfather of them all.

I originally got into gaming because I was a programmer doing a lot of technical code development stuff at the time and the code that went into the game engines intrigued me. I used to follow the id Software .plan files to see what new wizardry John Carmack was implementing in his latest 3D engine code. Pretty nerdy in retrospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    a variety of FPS (Doom, Quake 2, Counter Strike)
    Man, I never actually quit playing Counter-Strike for real. Sometimes I think I've quit, and then I decide I feel like playing a few rounds...and it turns into a few hours...

I played the hell out of several iterations of Gran Turismo on several iterations of the PlayStation. Would be pretty sweet to set up something similar with a real pedals/wheel/etc., rig, but I've never felt like I could justify the money.

Monopoly is an entirely different game when everyone agrees to both play by the rules and not cheat. Axis and Allies is a blast.
    Monopoly is really not that fun even when everybody plays by the rules and doesn't cheat. Inevitably somebody gets into a hugely advantageous position largely based on chance going their way, and then it snowballs out of control from there.

I would much rather play modern board games. Terraforming Mars is a hell of a lot of fun IMO, as are lots of others. I've been playing a fair bit of Dominion lately via http://dominion.games, and in many ways playing that game online is superior to playing it tabletop. There's a lot of setup and teardown cost that simply doesn't exist when the computer does it for you, and of course you also don't have to shuffle at all, which makes everything go much more quickly and smoothly.

If you're looking for a quirky and mechanically unique board game to try, I highly recommend Chimera Station.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Space combat sims, too.
    Freelancer! Wonder if the modder communities still exist. Haven't checked in on them for a few years...

I'm on World of Tanks--another game to pick up, play, and put down for a few months at a time. Stuff I've currently put down but would pick up to play with dudes:

Arma 3
    Borderlands (any of 'em)
    GTA V
    Payday 2 (ugh, maybe not)
    RDR2
    Destiny 2
    Stellaris

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I played the hell out of several iterations of Gran Turismo on several iterations of the PlayStation. Would be pretty sweet to set up something similar with a real pedals/wheel/etc., rig, but I've never felt like I could justify the money.
    I could justify it now, but I think I'd rather get into online sim racing on the PC at this point. I'm planning on picking up a flight stick for Flight Simulator if I can ever get my hands on an AMD Ryzen 9 5900 and a 3080RTX to build a new PC with, and I think VR would be amazing with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Monopoly is just a bad game. I don't know why anyone plays it.
    Spoken like someone who loses a lot.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I’ll leave the paper stuff for a different thread.

Gamed since Pong, consoles through PS1, PC since 1992. Other than a few forays into WOW, 100% first person shooter. I am still waiting for HL3.

I don’t play public because I’m not good enough. Been playing with the same insular group of friends since it was basement LAN parties with CAT5 strung across the floor. We are now scattered across the country, but the internet has mostly kept up with us.

We’re currently enjoying the hell out of Insurgency:Sandstorm.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I played Civilization V a lot. I tried VI but didn't care for it. Is there anything current that's similar?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I still play Xbox a little. Latest discovery is "Deep Rock Galactic" which is like a weird combo between Minecraft, Alien, and the Left4Dead games. It's pretty fun, even solo.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

The Gaming Gamers Thread - (No Spawn Camping)

I gamed until we had our first kid, after which priorities changed. As they got older we bought a Wii and then Switch and played games that our kids enjoyed. I’ve been a Zelda fan since the beginning, so lately when I have a spare hour I’ll play BOTW. Honestly though my time is tightly allocated to higher priorities overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List