Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That time a PF member hit a deer, USAA insurance discussion

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Unsurprising. I've been with USAA for 22 years - the last few years has seen a huge drop in customer service. Insurance though, depends on if you are USAA proper, CIC, or GIC. Anecdotal reports have the Garrison covered folks suffering the largest declines.
    I've been with them for 31 years and starting to feel like they've turned into a wireless provider. I need to get off my ass and find a better company.

I dumped USAA awhile back. After getting married, turning 25, moving to a less populated area, and driving a paid off slightly older vehicles, with no claims... my rates jumped significantly with a polite letter about rising cost of providing coverage. Im with geico now.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I've been with them for 31 years and starting to feel like they've turned into a wireless provider. I need to get off my ass and find a better company.
    I moved to Geico a few years back for insurance. I've moved much, but not all, of my banking to Navy Federal.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

No direct experience with USAA, other than finding their rates way too high to justify doing business with them. But I’ve lived in San Antonio for the last 25 years or so and known a lot of employees and customers.
    In the 90s it was THE place to work in SA. That seems to have changed, from what I’ve heard if you’re not in with the “director“ of your department life can be tough so there’s a big culture of ass kissing.
    Also their banking arm was just fined $85 million for screwing over service members, which seems like a bad look for a company based on serving veterans.
    https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ns-of-law.html

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Damn you, LOL!
    Now I will have If I only had a heart going through my brain all day.

Good to hear that no one was seriously hurt.

I’m looking at dumping USAA now.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m looking at dumping USAA now.
    I think it’s worth getting auto insurance quotes every year or so. What was a deal two years ago turned out to be almost twice as much as the other big company to which I just switched.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    No direct experience with USAA, other than finding their rates way too high to justify doing business with them.
    USAA used to be awesome. Great rates, great service, etc. I think they are a victim of their own success, they outgrew their core mission and lost what made them special.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Unsurprising. I've been with USAA for 22 years - the last few years has seen a huge drop in customer service. Insurance though, depends on if you are USAA proper, CIC, or GIC. Anecdotal reports have the Garrison covered folks suffering the largest declines.
    I've noticed that rather consistently, whenever USAA contracts out a service and loses direct control, the quality goes to crap.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Wow, that is quite the carnage.

You know I don't like to distract from one story with another story, but I don't know where else I'd ever put this.

My grandfather used to wreck a truck on a deer about once a decade. He would cut off his left thumb with a hatchet with about half that frequency but he didn't start that until later in life so he only did it a couple of times.

Anyway he was driving himself to town with a thumb on ice when he wrecked his second to last truck on a deer. Rolled the truck, everything wrecked, and when the cops show up he's frantically pawing through everything shouting "my thumb's in there! We're on the clock!" because he'd cut it off once before and they got it back on and he knew the deal.

So the cops and the paramedics that showed up tore the wreckage apart and found the thumb, which was still in a bag, and towel, and ice. Up to that point they'd assumed he'd somehow lost it in the crash but they find it and it's all packaged up and the cops are like...what the hell are you doing with your thumb in a bag?

But they got him to the hospital and managed to reattach it, again. He got out of that hobby after that. My grandmother hated hatchets for the rest of her life. And deer.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List