Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: That time a PF member hit a deer, USAA insurance discussion

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Unsurprising. I've been with USAA for 22 years - the last few years has seen a huge drop in customer service. Insurance though, depends on if you are USAA proper, CIC, or GIC. Anecdotal reports have the Garrison covered folks suffering the largest declines.
    How do we tell?

I've honestly never looked to check. The rates and career starter loan when I first got with them were superb. When I married my wife, USAA was still way cheaper than her insurance, and then when we moved back down to Virginia in 2018 we were just "riding the high" of insurance rates going from NJ to VA, so we didn't bother to shop around.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    How do we tell?
    It should be on your insurance statement. Some background on each : https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/vie...52652&start=50

I’m moving forward on checking rates.
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m moving forward on checking rates.
    Geico was both cheaper for auto and home for us. They were also very easy to deal with on the wind damage claim to our house.

USAA remains cheaper for a structure only policy on my "rental property" that my dad lives in.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

USAA is the worst company I have dealt with.

My wife’s card got used to buy Door Dash meals from multiple different restaurants and cities- USAA decided the charges should stick- even though neither of us have been there in two decades.

Their home/auto rates are way higher than GEICO, State Farm, All State or Progressive.

I cannot stand them, after being a member for 20 years- I’ve switched everything away from USAA and will never go back.

Oh- I filled out a survey telling them this a few weeks- zero acknowledgment on my remarks.

I cannot say enough bad things about USAA...
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

My experience with USAA has been pretty good the last few years. My wife hit two deer last year and USAA did a great job with the claims. A few years ago we had a storm come through and they had a check for a new roof to us in a week.

It's always a good idea to shop around for better rates but like a friend of mine, who was an independent insurance agent, said. "Stay away from anyone with the word state in their name".
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    My experience with USAA has been pretty good the last few years. My wife hit two deer last year and USAA did a great job with the claims. A few years ago we had a storm come through and they had a check for a new roof to us in a week.

It's always a good idea to shop around for better rates but like a friend of mine, who was an independent insurance agent, said. "Stay away from anyone with the word state in their name".
    Well, State Farm has been absolutely kick ass for me for nearly 30 years. No run-around on any of our claims, ever. We've quoted it against other providers about every 5 years and the pricing we received was never worth leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    Wow, that is quite the carnage.

You know I don't like to distract from one story with another story, but I don't know where else I'd ever put this.

My grandfather used to wreck a truck on a deer about once a decade. He would cut off his left thumb with a hatchet with about half that frequency but he didn't start that until later in life so he only did it a couple of times.

Anyway he was driving himself to town with a thumb on ice when he wrecked his second to last truck on a deer. Rolled the truck, everything wrecked, and when the cops show up he's frantically pawing through everything shouting "my thumb's in there! We're on the clock!" because he'd cut it off once before and they got it back on and he knew the deal.

So the cops and the paramedics that showed up tore the wreckage apart and found the thumb, which was still in a bag, and towel, and ice. Up to that point they'd assumed he'd somehow lost it in the crash but they find it and it's all packaged up and the cops are like...what the hell are you doing with your thumb in a bag?

But they got him to the hospital and managed to reattach it, again. He got out of that hobby after that. My grandmother hated hatchets for the rest of her life. And deer.
    My mom used to tell a story about her best friend accidentally chopping off her brother's middle finger when I was a kid. 30 years later I'm at my grandpa's 80th birthday and the first dude to shake my hand was a dude missing his middle finger. I laughed and said, "holy shit it's true".. we had a good laugh and a few drinks. Great guy that was still pissed at his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    USAA is the worst company I have dealt with.
    My wife’s card got used to buy Door Dash meals from multiple different restaurants and cities- USAA decided the charges should stick- even though neither of us have been there in two decades.
    Their home/auto rates are way higher than GEICO, State Farm, All State or Progressive.
    I cannot stand them, after being a member for 20 years- I’ve switched everything away from USAA and will never go back.
    Oh- I filled out a survey telling them this a few weeks- zero acknowledgment on my remarks.
    I cannot say enough bad things about USAA...
    We left USAA Bank after several fraudulent debit card transactions and the resulting excessive security checks every time we called/logged in, as if we had committed the fraud ourselves.
    Now moving the term life to a smaller company where rates are significantly less for more coverage.
    Agreed on all counts; USAA not what it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Well, State Farm has been absolutely kick ass for me for nearly 30 years. No run-around on any of our claims, ever. We've quoted it against other providers about every 5 years and the pricing we received was never worth leaving.
    I have also had a good experience with SF, since probably 1975 when I started on Dad's policy.

The only issue I ever had was when I decided to get back into motorcycling right after I had a unfortunate run on moving citations. The agent warned me that submitting a new application would poke the bear and they would screw with all of my rates, so I went with a seperate policy someplace for a couple years.

Since then I have never shopped it because never thought it to be out of line.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List