Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: SIG Stops Production of .40 S&W Pistols

Just have to say, I don't give a rat's ass about "mag limits", and won't change anything I do based on such arbitrary and illegal nonsense.

It would behoove ALL of us to resist in this fashion. Fuck the enemy.

I think Sigs move is just the recognition of what is now a major trend in the biggest contracts out there. Everyone Sig does, or wants to, sell to, is going 9mm. I guess it's a streamlining of sorts.

.40 is slowly but surely going away. It won't fizzle like some others have though. I doubt any other major manufacturers will go this route, but then again, a few weeks ago I'd have said Sig wouldn't do this either.

My love affair with .40 was the next step after transitioning from 1911s in .45ACP. Carried and shot a G23 for years. Still have it.

But I've permanently converted to 9mm (G17 and G19, mostly the 19 these days) for the same reasons others have already stated.

My splits are best with it, and the capacity is great. Last week I carried the G19 with a 19 round mag in. Very comforting for riot control option.

Strange time for Sig to be doing this, when you’re more likely to find .40 ammo on the shelve than 9mm.

Thanks to all for the replies. I'll keep my .40 for the woods and my G26 and G48 for the city. I have a lot to learn

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Strange time for Sig to be doing this, when you’re more likely to find .40 ammo on the shelve than 9mm.
    If you assume they are selling every gun they make at the moment, whatever changes streamline the process and increase efficiency so more guns of any kind go out the door makes perfect sense. You don't need options to entice consumers in this market, you just need stock.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    When you’re more likely to find .40 ammo on the shelve than 9mm.
    People keep saying that but in my area this is absolutely not true.

Not where I shop; typically Luckygunner dot com, Midway USA, and one LGS.

My .40 P229R DAK bashes and batters my arthritic right thumb, hand, and wrist, which prompted me to retire it in 2015, as soon as my chief OK’ed 9mm duty pistols, but, because long-stroke DA is my least-perishable triggering skill, I figured I would buy some fresh ammo for it. Well. Hmm. Wrong. I have exactly 13 rounds of my old .40 Gold Dots, that was properly stored in the box, in a clean, dry place. (I gave away the rest of my .40 ammo, after I phased-out shooting .40 S&W.)
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-24-2021 at 11:50 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Sig likely didn't decide to stop production of 40's last week....these things are planned at minimum months in advance....larger companies plan multiple years ahead....

Frankly I wish the 40 would go away as it has ruined the design of many 9's. (think bigger and heavier than necessary) Much cheaper to design one gun for both calibers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Not where I shop; typically Luckygunner dot com, Midway USA, and one LGS.

My .40 P229R DAK bashes and batters my arthritic right thumb, hand, and wrist, which prompted me to retire it in 2015, as soon as my chief OK’ed 9mm duty pistols, but, because long-stroke DA is my least-perishable triggering skill, I figured I would buy some fresh ammo for it. Well. Hmm. Wrong. I have exactly 13 rounds of my old .40 Gold Dots, that was properly stored in the box, in a clean, dry place. (I gave away the rest of my .40 ammo, after I phased-out shooting .40 S&W.)
    Rex,

FYI I’ve had great results using a Bar-sto 40 to 9 conversion barrel in my .40 cal p229s with .40 cal mags. Mine has done OK with the 40 spring But some recommend swapping to the 9 mm spring as well, I think it depends on what type of 9 mm ammo you’re using.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    People keep saying that but in my area this is absolutely not true.
    Me too. And not just locally. For a little while I was still able to get .40 at a slightly lower price than 9mm. It appears now that 22, 380, 9, 40 and 45 are are pretty close in lack of availability. .357 Sig seems a little better, but not much.

FWIW (and this is just a respectful, friendly suggestion), I would advocate not getting into discussions about whether one would or should comply with any prospective gun control orders/legislation or other laws. This is not a private space and the First Amendment does not seem to mean what it did in the past. If nothing else, please understand that there are people who post here and who might want to participate in a thread, but who really should not get involved in discussions about such legal issues.

Mods: If this comment is inappropriate/unwelcome, then please delete and accept my apology.

User Tag List