Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Stops Production of .40 S&W Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    To that note, do we think Sig is smart enough to bring back the P225 or P239 if we do indeed see the implementation of a magazine limit?

I’m gonna say probably maybe not.
    They won't bring them back. It's a striker fired, high margin, plastic world and most manufacturers today have little regard for history. The P225 in it's original form was a fantastic firearm and I wish that they were still produced true to the original. But if wishes were fishes...

I have seen where some "in the know" Cool Army Guys have said that a G22 with a KKM comp'd barrel and a red dot is actually a pretty awesome set up, having less subjective recoil than something like a Glock 19 comp'd.

Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    They won't bring them back. It's a striker fired, high margin, plastic world and most manufacturers today have little regard for history. The P225 in it's original form was a fantastic firearm and I wish that they were still produced true to the original. But if wishes were fishes...
    Agreed. Whether guns, cameras, cars or anything else, manufacturers will make what they think will sell. Can't blame them, really. Except for me and maybe a dozen other guys, few want metal guns or double action guns anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    For those that believe the 40 is superior why not carry it now?

It's been covered. You get more capacity,lighter recoil and cheaper ammo in 9mm rather than 40. The difference is small enough that the benefits outweigh the small difference between them. If it is 40 vs 45 for me I would choose 40 for the smaller, lighter guns and greater capacity for gun size the 40 offers.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    It's been covered. You get more capacity,lighter recoil and cheaper ammo in 9mm rather than 40. The difference is small enough that the benefits outweigh the small difference between them. If it is 40 vs 45 for me I would choose 40 for the smaller, lighter guns and greater capacity for gun size the 40 offers.
    ....... You thought I was serious?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Doesn’t Hornady’s polymer-tipped offerings like Critical Duty and Critical Defense help prevent such plugging?
    Yes - Winchester has gotten into the act as well with the Ranger One.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yes - Winchester has gotten into the act as well with the Ranger One.
    Any reports on this one? I had a chance to buy some ranger one, but don't know much about it yet.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerover View Post

When I see people say they are going to.40 or .45 if 10 round limits become the law, my mind interprets that as really saying.40 and.45 have better terminal performance than 9mm if capacity is the same. If it’s not true for 1 bullet, is it really true for 10?

Please be gentle, I’m trying to learn.
    One of the common arguments is that magazines *designed* as 8 round mags or 10 round mags are more reliable then mags *designed* as 15-17 round mags neutered to only fit 10 rounds. If you can only buy 10 round (or less) capacity new magazines, then that becomes a concern.

I was very late to the 9mm party and switched when my department switched. I'd go back to my P220(s) with zero concern. I'll stick with my 17M with equally zero concerns.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Vending Machine Operator
    If we went down to a 10-round limit, my easy and automatic choice would be the 4.6" M2.0 .45 Auto. Designed for that capacity, accurate as a laser, reliable as all hell, nice and big so it shoots like a compact 9. Good stuff.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe45 View Post
    Any reports on this one? I had a chance to buy some ranger one, but don't know much about it yet.
    No. Just know the polymer insert is different than the Hornady / G2. it appears to be harder plastic with holes. Win claims the holes allow fluid to pass through the insert and enter the HP cavity aiding expansion, which to me, sounds a lot like the hydra shok....

User Tag List